Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fitting atop entry float valve?!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steele

Hi,

I'm often forgetting to turn my water off when filling up my tank so I think it's about time I got a float valve.

I'd like a top entry one but not really sure what I'm looking for. Anyone got any advice.

Cheers

Depends on the style of tank, but I've had a couple of upright tanks that were just fitted with a ball-**** valve from a toilet cistern... Was cheap and effective, although it does slightly reduce the capacity of your tank.

well it's a flat 400 litre tank, ,any ideas what could be used. I guess it could be side entry but I thought I'd loose more water capacity that way

I use a mini Torbeck side entry valve same as this one- http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p42876

I used one for years in my 400 flat & now in my 500ltr cube shaped tank. The trick to not losing any capacity is to fit the valve so that the float sits under the tank lid & can thus rise into the void of the lid. Very easy job to do, then you just fit a Hozelock male on the outer thread to plug your hose onto./emoticons/wink.png

Cheers wimp, that looks perfect. While I'm at it, how did you fit that heating thingy(?) and what exactly is it?
That's a 3Kw, 27" immersion element with built in thermostat. It all hooks up via a direct 16Amp rig from mains breaker unit to an outside 16Amp plug. It saves my neck in winter!!/emoticons/wink.png

Back