Hot or Cold

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by MyLittleCleaningCompany, Feb 22, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hey,

I'm interested to hear people's opinion on hot and cold wfp systems? I am using a trolley system at the moment but hope to upgrade to a full van system soon. The question is do I pay for the extra equipment to make the water hot?
    Is there any big advantages? Do hot water systems clean better and quicker? Is this just a fad and it doesn't make any difference? Some companies advertise that you can clean in freezing temperatures. Ok, you have hot water so this must be so but isn't there a risk that the glass could crack? I know that in this country those days are few and far between but would love to hear from someone who has one or had one!

Looking forward to the replies,

My Little Cleaning Company
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

I find hot does clean faster (but not much) defo for first cleans, however if you are thinking about it for your regular round I wouldn't bother unless you can justify spending £7000+ on a decent set up.

However it is a good selling point for potential customers, " you wouldn't wash you dishes with cold water so why wash windows with it" :)

Also about the freezing it's not all that it does actually freeze just takes a little longer
  3. I can defiantly see a marketing advantage! It's something we're looking at for the future. We are putting a small system in a Citreon Nemo to start with as we already have the van but looking at a larger system to help get more into the larger commercial contracts. Thanks for the advice though.
  4. Paul

Paul Guest

Why not just add a heater to your cold system some type of hot box? Does the same but alot less expensive. Just a thought
  5. The problem is with space and payload. The nemo only has a payload of 660kg and it's a compact van. We initially brought it for the cleaning side and until recently didn't even think I could get a wfp system in it! I'm using a trolley system at the mo, which has it's draw backs but I seem to get the job done. It's been a cheaper way to get into wfp, plus at the time I was working full time in another job.
  6. mark m

mark m Hero

Feb 22, 2012
  7. Paul

Paul Guest

I've seen theses fitted in a astra van not sure how good they are.[hr]
    Mark that's a good idea but I'm sure it would take forever to heat up :-/ I could be wrong
  8. Nice one Mark! Looks good, have you got it all completed yet?
  9. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    Having a heated wfp-system has advantages for cleaning some types of and work and for marketing.

If you’re going to have a heated system you might want to look at a adding a cleaning detergent to the wfp-system, as heat alone won’t remove non polar dirt

You would have to justify the cost of purchase and ongoing operating cost, work out the minimum amount of work you need yearly to cover the cost.

For maintenance cleans you don’t need a heated system, ambient temperature water systems are much faster in use for this type of work.

10. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

Apr 25, 2011
    i use a hot water system from an immersion element, i found that i get more leaks, and more pipes popping off as they get softer, it is good when the weather is cold as pipe is warm,