Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Forecast looks grim

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Danfire

I just saw a forecast for 70mph winds this week and the odds for November being the wettest on record have been slashed...bookies aren't known for getting these things wrong very often. Lots of slogging on the dry days I'm thinking...although it's hard to slog when it's pitch black by half four...on that cheery note, good luck everyone and don't get blown off your ladders.

This was the time of year i didn't enjoy so much when i was cleaning! Didn't mind going out in the elements, it was the worry of not being able to work due to weather. I guess thats where smart money management and saving come in for the off days.

this is where having a part time job is not such a bad thing, just a case of getting through the next few months for me best i can, do as much as you can on the dry days.

Today was a no-go for me, but did manage to pick up a carpet clean from a leaflet drop yesterday so just keep plugging away and do what you can, no point worrying about it

The past two weeks have been pretty naff, weather wise. I have probably lost more days in this two week period than the rest of the year combined. Lets hope the weather picks up, what with christmas just around the corner.

Today was extremely hard to clean windows

Round all the fronts I clamped extreme poles at half way point in fear of them snapping or flying away.

Managed to get all my work done and finish 2 hours earlier. MAY - SEPT I am very slow on the glass. I hate the heat. I enjoy it when I have 80-90% days. But when I need to hit target It drags.

I much prefer Colder weather.

It's all about planning your work around weather and making hay while the Sun shines. Got emergency money sorted for this year. 2 complete months of bill payments.

Threatened to rain on me all day today, tommorrow is forcast to be better though, and the wind won't be quite as bad. One gust of wind had me hanging n to the sill at one point this morning.

The third thread so far this year on 'oh oh! here comes winter!'

For those that may not know (and i'm sure there's one or two) Winter turns up every year, it's almost as guaranteed as death and taxes.

I can honestly say I never in my life look at the weather forecast (unless planning some fishing) as it just drags you down.

Bit windy? oh well! Light drizzle? Oh well! Dark clouds? Oh well!

Get out there, go get on with the jobs and before you know it it's lunch time and you've finished the days round and put a couple of hundred quid in your pocket.

Watching the weather forecast is a waste of time in my opinion. If you can work then work, if you cant get out, do the books, plaster the facebook and other free social media, tweak your websites, get van in for a service, order some new flyers etc etc, there's always something to be done.

The third thread so far this year on 'oh oh! here comes winter!'
For those that may not know (and i'm sure there's one or two) Winter turns up every year, it's almost as guaranteed as death and taxes.

I can honestly say I never in my life look at the weather forecast (unless planning some fishing) as it just drags you down.

Bit windy? oh well! Light drizzle? Oh well! Dark clouds? Oh well!

Get out there, go get on with the jobs and before you know it it's lunch time and you've finished the days round and put a couple of hundred quid in your pocket.

Watching the weather forecast is a waste of time in my opinion. If you can work then work, if you cant get out, do the books, plaster the facebook and other free social media, tweak your websites, get van in for a service, order some new flyers etc etc, there's always something to be done.
Fair enough, but If the forecast tells me that wind speed is going to be 25mph in two days time then that enables me to plan a low level, bungalow style day, rather than risk putting the ladder up. I have a number of 3rd story properties that are an absolute nightmare when wind speeds are high. The forecasts generally get the wind speeds right. Admittedly, rain forecasts tend to be less accurate.

Fair enough, but If the forecast tells me that wind speed is going to be 25mph in two days time then that enables me to plan a low level, bungalow style day, rather than risk putting the ladder up. I have a number of 3rd story properties that are an absolute nightmare when wind speeds are high. The forecasts generally get the wind speeds right. Admittedly, rain forecasts tend to be less accurate.
Same here. I even use it to plan my lunch break as the times given for inbound rain can be quite accurate. i.e no point having my lunch break at 12, when I know the rain is coming around 13:00. Might as well work through a bit and then sit in the van having lunch when the wet stuff comes. Also like booking pressure washing jobs on rough days.

Same here. I even use it to plan my lunch break as the times given for inbound rain can be quite accurate. i.e no point having my lunch break at 12, when I know the rain is coming around 13:00. Might as well work through a bit and then sit in the van having lunch when the wet stuff comes. Also like booking pressure washing jobs on rough days.
It all helps to maximise the profits

I've been putting in a lot of gutter work in. I never used to bother about it but last 2-3 months been doing more & more. Especially good with my gutter vac.

Back