Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Optimum pressure for Resin

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Joshbox

Hey

I've trawled through 40 pages of posts to see if someone has already asked this - does Resin perform better when the tap pressure is reduced?

It seems as though the PPM stays the same for longer when the pressure is lower, but I don't want waste my time if this isn't the case as it's much slower!

FYI I am running two 11L vessels - recently had to sacrifice my RO setup due to moving house and not having anywhere to set up :[

Run it through as slow as possible, it'll prolong the life of the resin, are you purifying the water before or after it goes into the tank? If before fill as slow as you can, if after then its a trade off between resin life and speed. You could always get a van mounted ro if you need to, if you have a high TDs you'll burn through resin regardless of how fast you purify it

Run it through as slow as possible, it'll prolong the life of the resin, are you purifying the water before or after it goes into the tank? If before fill as slow as you can, if after then its a trade off between resin life and speed. You could always get a van mounted ro if you need to, if you have a high TDs you'll burn through resin regardless of how fast you purify it
Thanks for the reply. I'm going tap > Resin > tank. Is it possible to get an RO that runs through at tap speed??

Sadly don't have the luxury of leaving to fill overnight any more

Then why not fill the tank as fast as you can and fit the di vessel/vessels between the pump and the hose reel. You will be purifying water as you need it. At 1/5 to 2 liters per minute of water flow, that's slow.

Then why not fill the tank as fast as you can and fit the di vessel/vessels between the pump and the hose reel. You will be purifying water as you need it. At 1/5 to 2 liters per minute of water flow, that's slow.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said.

Back