Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Little Bit Of Advice Please.....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

O

OoO

We have this job to quote, i have taken a picture to show some potential issues.

Usually when those white bits are blasted off, underneath its usually black and stained.

Can anything be added to remove the black stains, like chemicals?

Pre treat them?

We use a petrol driven pressure washer, but i dont think its the calibre of what some of you guys use. We have got this turbo dirt blaster nozzle and that eats dirt.

I dont really want todo pressure washing, so have passed it on to my dad. Had 3 calls come through this week for quotes hahaha :rolleyes:

View attachment 1377

With the pressure washer I use will get that surface 98% clean but for stubborn black lichen type spots I've heard it is best to use a bleach type mix.

I don't use chems myself as can open up a can of worms risk wise if children, pets & even fish in ponds get sick and/or die. I simply explain this to customers that after if they want can put bleach down themselves.

You put it on thinned down , then rub in with a hard brush , then hose off with garden hose, then powerwash. its brilliant on rust stains lol

Like i said i dinnae need chems very often, very rarely use em, bleach is rubbish on dark spotting lichen as you have too come back about 4 times sometimes so stuff that.

Whats wrong with acid wash anyway guys? most brick or patio cleaners have acid in them, this CW20 is the proper stuff and USED CORRECTLY will have them stubborn marks gone , DONT use it on Sandstone , always thin it out, wear PPE, HOSE SURFACE WITH GARDEN HOSE BEFORE AND AFTER TREATMENT, read the instructions, its bio degradeable /emoticons/tongue.png

thats expensive stuff donny , id use chloras on the lichens , id powerwash first then spay the chloras on the bad areas and scrub with a deck brush and leave it dry in itself.

Yes but you can thin it down to 1 to 40 , so it goes a long way, Chloras works as well, ive used it on slate roof , worked a treat, ive found CW20 very effective on black spotting. Just keep it away from glass,

Yeah thats what i think my dad is going todo.

I take it pre treating with ubik or virsol will do nothing. /emoticons/ph34r.png/emoticons/ph34r.png/emoticons/ph34r.png/emoticons/ph34r.png/emoticons/ph34r.png/emoticons/ph34r.png/emoticons/ph34r.png

ubix and virosol are degreasers so they would be no good ,household bleach would be worth a try with a deck brush

ubix and virosol are degreasers so they would be no good ,household bleach would be worth a try with a deck brush
Yeah I thought so lol Ah well /emoticons/tongue.png

Back