Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Black Smudges From Rubber!

mufcglen

Cleaned my first house this morning with pretty dirty old upvc and when I was scrimping round the edge then micro I kept smearing the dirt or colour off the rubber window trim on the white upvc, right pain to get off too!

Anyone got any tips for this problem, my rags was covered in the black stuff!

This is a common problem, the windows on my house do it every time, just try and be careful to wash it off quickly so as not to let it dry on.

scrub seals with ubik 2000 then rinse well if wfp method or if trad use an old apllicator then plenty of water to rinse off which will stop rubber bleed. :Image9:

yea its a sod to get off i had a job like that i wfp it in the end an flushed the black out took ages but now its fine so stuck 2 wfp on that job but if u just trad it then it will get beta in the end just dont let black dry on fraims ,i use one cloth to detail an a nother to wipe upvc

No problem....just spray some on your brush and give the frames & seals a good scrub then rinse well with pure.

May take more than one attempt to stop it completely so may need to do it again.

Hi smurf cheers for that, had a look on they're site but can't find the ubik listed, they're only about 5-10 mins away from me anyway so might bob down there!

Does this stuff clean white upvc too and can it damage the windows if left too long etc?

Cheers pal, that link didn't work on my phone but I found it on they're site anyway,seems to say its designed for the food industry!

I thought it would be a dedicated UPC cleaner? But if it works for u guys!

How much did u pay for it?

Back