Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I have been very silly.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

shazzy692002

Before anyone jump in and tell me im stupid....I KNOW...

Found a van on gumtree. guy had been posting on there 2 years....he also had a website...so felt quite comfortable handing over £250 deposit for a £5k van........to be delivered Monday for £100. (yes unseen only photos).

I text and call him about 10 times on Monday. everytime he said am dealing with it,

same again Tuesday.....this time I called another number off website, the guy answered sounded very simple, telling me that the truck that was taking van from Guilford to Chelmsford had broken down.

Today I texted the 1st guy saying, I want van here by 4pm or will have to take this further. He text back saying take further, the van is in guliford if you want to pick up, I made it clear to him that I can not pick it up....he said my loss then.....I have told him I am willing to wait a few days to get truck fixed, but now he is not replying to text or calls....ffs. Why don't people just be honest. if he was honest in the 1st place I would have said "yeah I can wait" but he lied everytime I called him....

Not sure what to do next. don't really wanna lose£250, but cant get to Guilford either....cowboy me thinks. !

somethings not right. nobody would cart a van on a truck cos itd cost a fortune in fuel , when they could just drive it one way and get train home. thats how its normally done

Gumtree is absolutely rife with con artists. i should know, I literally just renewed my adverts on there. :thumbsup:

He might have just got the hump shazzy, and just decided to give you a hard time. Give it a few more days when you've both calmed down, and then re assess the situation.

somethings not right. nobody would cart a van on a truck cos itd cost a fortune in fuel , when they could just drive it one way and get train home. thats how its normally done
Apparently he has office at Guilford and Cambridge....there lorrys clutch has broke so he tells me..

Gumtree is absolutely rife with con artists. i should know, I literally just renewed my adverts on there. :thumbsup:
He might have just got the hump shazzy, and just decided to give you a hard time. Give it a few more days when you've both calmed down, and then re assess the situation.
I have always refused to use gumtree, but felt quite comfortable with this...bigger fool me. Obviously not a very good service man...if I treated my customers that way, I would not have a business.

I have always refused to use gumtree, but felt quite comfortable with this...bigger fool me. Obviously not a very good service man...if I treated my customers that way, I would not have a business.
Don't get me wrong, he sounds like a complete tool. But there is a chance hes just bad at customer service, and not a conman, so it may be worth appealing the human side of him to get your money back. Then if that doesn't work call the police on the issue as that is clearly fraud.

Don't get me wrong, he sounds like a complete tool. But there is a chance hes just bad at customer service, and not a conman, so it may be worth appealing the human side of him to get your money back. Then if that doesn't work call the police on the issue as that is clearly fraud.
I don't think he is a con man, but everything that was said, was verbally, so I don't really have a leg to stand on....arghhhhh I was reluctant b4 I paid him, cos of horror stories I hear about gum tree. should have listened to my gut feeling.....this is the problem when you are desperate for something.

even if you had planned on delivering it by truck [i doubt that] if the truck breaks you simply drive it on over and get your dosh..

You have two choices either contact the police and see if they want to get involed and/or contact your bank to see if they can help get your deposit back.

There is a third choice if they are traders and that is to contact trading standards

Company Details

spacer.gif

print.gif
help_button.gif

Name & Registered Office:

OUTBACK TRADE SALES LTD

WILLOW HOUSE

46 ST. ANDREWS STREET

MILDENHALL

SUFFOLK

IP28 7HB

Company No. 08571229

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Date of Incorporation: 17/06/2013

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC):

45112 - Sale of used cars and light motor vehicles

Accounting Reference Date: 30/06

Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/06/2014 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)

Next Accounts Due: 31/03/2016

Last Return Made Up To: 17/06/2014

Next Return Due: 15/07/2015

Mortgage: Number of charges: ( 0 outstanding / 0 satisfied / 0 part satisfied )

Last Members List
: 17/06/2014

That looks like just the registered office as is a solicitors firm

Whiting & Partners

46 St. Andrews Street

Mildenhall

BURY ST. EDMUNDS

IP28 7HB

Send boar's new worker round :thumbsup:

Seriously, I feel for you Shaz. If it don't get sorted by Friday, call the fuzz. Would @boarcity be able to help fetch it if they can't deliver?

Latest Posts

Back