Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

George?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Poles Apart

I have trial versions of George and AWORKER George is 50 notes and AWORKERS an expensive £10 per month every month, not to sure what all the differences are between the two but I'm not interested in running my round from my phone just my lappy.

On the trial version I can't input my business name on invoices can you upload a business logo from your document folders and have it on your invoices I'm a sole trader so don't need Cleaner Planner either just something simple that works, any help appreciated,

Regards

Ricky

Hey Ricky,

George is good although a little dated. I used it for a few years before moving to Aworka.

The latter is cloud based so you can use it from any device via the interweb, George will always sit on the pc it's loaded on. That said it can be loaded onto a tablet, I found that far too small to work with

£100 a year upfront is not dear at all for what Aworka offers

As this is your first software, go with what you think because George is better than your spread sheets

Tony

I use George but it's a pain in the ass if you get behind, also having to come home and do paper work ever night. I like the idea of having a different type of one that you just just do paper work on the go then that's it all updated would make things very easy when out canvassing. Not sure on paying the 10-20 a month for it tho.

i use george and really rate it highly. when i enter a customers info,i do it in a shortened form e.g 25hawthrn£9 ,by doing it like that means i can print off the whole weeks work ahead on the 1 sheet of A4 ,i can see at a glance whats what for weeks ahead if need be View attachment 6779 while out on the street

Thanks Tony interested in "outdated" comment there is George 2 which is the latest version anyone got it and what's been updated?
I'm not sure of the updated version of George, I've not seen it.

I moved from it as I wanted to send invoices from my phone, add notes and customers while out and then to use it from the iPad.

It's just a preference really after using both

Tony

i use george and really rate it highly. when i enter a customers info,i do it in a shortened form e.g 25hawthrn£9 ,by doing it like that means i can print off the whole weeks work ahead on the 1 sheet of A4 ,i can see at a glance whats what for weeks ahead if need be View attachment 9696 while out on the street
Fantastic, the whole month printed on 4 sheets. Loved that.

Tony

@Poles Apart loving the avatar..my favourite film

I use round partner for £10 a month and can do everything on the go on my phone or laptop

I have trial versions of George and AWORKER George is 50 notes and AWORKERS an expensive £10 per month every month, not to sure what all the differences are between the two but I'm not interested in running my round from my phone just my lappy.On the trial version I can't input my business name on invoices can you upload a business logo from your document folders and have it on your invoices I'm a sole trader so don't need Cleaner Planner either just something simple that works, any help appreciated,

Regards

Ricky
We got George at the beginning and we didn't have all the add-ons George has now.

So today we use it the same as we did to start off with; to manage jobs and debt. We still use Palm based PDA's so we don't do hours of paperwork every night.

We don't invoice much and don't use the George option. We do that on a spreadsheet using an Invoice and statement billing software I found on Microsoft templates. I've altered them to our own name, address and logo.

Not all our business customers want invoices; they are happy with a signed as paid 'window cleaned' ticket for their petty cash. I think we do about 5 or 6 invoices a month on average. We don't do many commercial jobs as our core business is residential.

I've used George for years. It suits me as I'm not interested in using my phone for anything other than dealing with customers.

I print a worksheet for the week ahead once a week and really don't mind coming home each night and updating George with the days work, it's just a matter of opening the diary view and clicking 'done' - 'paid' and so on afterall, and allows me to confirm the money in my pocket = money collected and so on, and then enter my mileage.

If I have one critism, it's that it would be nice to be able to move my entire round, forward a week....you know when rained off or xmas etc, as you have to move jobs manually though multi select helps a little but is a bit primitive.

Actually, I have a second critism, let's say I have a £10 house that asks me to only do fronts when they're not in, it would be nice to be able to click a 'this time price' or something...anything that allows me to enter £5 without George assuming the customer owes me £5...I have to alter the customers detail each time to get round this, before going back in and putting their price back to £10 ready for the next clean...it's very annoying and suprising that George doesn't know that not every single customer in this trade has a fixed price.

Mart.

I've used George for years. It suits me as I'm not interested in using my phone for anything other than dealing with customers.I print a worksheet for the week ahead once a week and really don't mind coming home each night and updating George with the days work, it's just a matter of opening the diary view and clicking 'done' - 'paid' and so on afterall, and allows me to confirm the money in my pocket = money collected and so on, and then enter my mileage.

If I have one critism, it's that it would be nice to be able to move my entire round, forward a week....you know when rained off or xmas etc, as you have to move jobs manually though multi select helps a little but is a bit primitive.

Actually, I have a second critism, let's say I have a £10 house that asks me to only do fronts when they're not in, it would be nice to be able to click a 'this time price' or something...anything that allows me to enter £5 without George assuming the customer owes me £5...I have to alter the customers detail each time to get round this, before going back in and putting their price back to £10 ready for the next clean...it's very annoying and suprising that George doesn't know that not every single customer in this trade has a fixed price.

Mart.
When u click to mark the job done there is an edit button which allows u to change the price for that one time only instances. So u can change it to £5. It will keep the original £10 listed price for next time.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

All I need to know about George is:

1. Can you raise a debt list?

2. Can you do invoices with your logo?

3. Can you move work easily even if it's individual jobs only?

Don't mind spending an hour every night on it not interested in staring at my phone all day.

All I need to know about George is:
1. Can you raise a debt list?

2. Can you do invoices with your logo?

3. Can you move work easily even if it's individual jobs only?

Don't mind spending an hour every night on it not interested in staring at my phone all day.
I use georgeaworka mate it does everything u are asking.its spot on I don't use it for invoices but I'm sure you can use your logo yes.

I use georgeaworka mate it does everything u are asking.its spot on I don't use it for invoices but I'm sure you can use your logo yes.
I know you can do Invoices and receipts for aworka but what about George some people are calling the planner Georgeaworka it's 2 different things.

When u click to mark the job done there is an edit button which allows u to change the price for that one time only instances. So u can change it to £5. It will keep the original £10 listed price for next time.
Well how the hell did I miss that one....thanks very much for pointing that out, it should help no end.

Cheers, Mart.

I know you can do Invoices and receipts for aworka but what about George some people are calling the planner Georgeaworka it's 2 different things.
Yes, you can add your logo to your invoice, I do it on mine. In George - system settings - 'printing tab', tick the 'use logo for invoices' box and then use the 'select file' tab.

Mart.

Back