Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

getting customers?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

fozzer

hi all I want to start getting a few customers to get a bit extra money just doing trad. what is the best way to get customers. and what's a fair price for semi-detached houses with 3 bedrooms.

any help much appreciated

thanks in advance

hi all I want to start getting a few customers to get a bit extra money just doing trad. what is the best way to get customers. and what's a fair price for semi-detached houses with 3 bedrooms.

thanks in advance
Knock doors and ask if they want a window cleaner. A website brings in a steady stream of work too.

Fair to you or the customer /emoticons/biggrin.png

decide what you want to earn and price to get that, if it's too high, start lowering it a bit, if they bite your hand off, start raising it.

ten pounds a pop - is a good catchphrase to use . as said above you need to knock doors as if your life depended on it to get a toehold

I've knocked on doors and handed out my card to those who are undecided. And when going to collect cash I go and knock doors again, all with the company branded T on.

hi again fozzer, if you wonna get customers you have got to get out there and ruthlessly canvass.

But after reading your post yesterday about doing it on foot you have got to restrict your area you cover.

I would suggest to a 1-1.5 square mile.

You have to knock on every single door in that area and see if they want your service, and when you have done that even go over it with leaflets on regular basis.

look out for houses being sold too and keep an eye on them for new occupants.

I would charge £15 a month for a 3 bed semi.

you might have to lower it a bit as you cant travel quick enough to compensate.

Good luck.

thanks in advance
Have a think about your USP, something different you can offer that will set you apart from the local competition. Loyalty card so customer can gain a free clean every so many times you do their house for instance /emoticons/smile.png

Have a think about your USP, something different you can offer that will set you apart from the local competition. Loyalty card so customer can gain a free clean every so many times you do their house for instance /emoticons/smile.png
a local plumbing firm near me runs a free draw each month [results in the local paper] with a coupon you tear out of the paper . bottles of wine ,hamper etc . iv always thought its a really good idea to get you in folks minds

Frames and sills are always big sellers for getting custys mate, it's suprising how many windies up here don't do them. Getting out into new estates first is also a major benefit, but remember there is no such thing as someone's patch so just get out and knock on doors, look professional and be confident

Latest Posts

Back