Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TWC

Decided I need to get a decent pole but in a real quandary as what to get. Definitely think I want a gardiner one though from what I've read on here. I've had to turn down a couple of houses as they want 3rd stories cleaned and can't reach. Currently have a 22ft fibreglass that weights 2.7kg including brush and is so bendy it's really not useable over 18ft. Don't mind spending money if it's the right investment and having the right tools takes you some way to doing a decent job. Also only got a small van that I run an oven cleaning business out of so size of pole closed is an issue Thought about 3 options

1. Slx 25 - most expensive option but most of the time only need 18ft and it's the longest when closed

2. Clx 27 - but saw a post about them being bendy and hard to use at that length? Also the heaviest

3. Clx 18 - With 2 extensions that I could put on just for those occasional houses. The lightest and the shortest when closed. Would be the best for the majority of my work. But will it be more bendy than the 27 with the extensions?

Any advice gratefully received or a 4th option to confuse me more?

Cheers

I was in the same conundrum some time back, I ended up choosing Gardiners poles as their customer service was a lot better than some other dealers.

I currently have an SLX18 and the SLX25 - the 18 does all my 2 story buildings and the 25 does all my 3 story without issue, I certainly do not find it 'whippy' or uncontrollable.

slx 25 the extream is light but not hard waring i have one and had to replace top to sections for weight loss on the extreme no get slx 25 better pole

I'm in the same boat..only.been wfp for 2 weeks and already fed up with my bendy heavy bayersan 30ft

Did a few townhouses the other day and it flapped about so much it took a while to get on the window properly each time and actually scrub the glass

Saving for a van first though but then gonna see mr gardiner

ive had clx27,slx22,pheonix 22 out of them 3 i think the slx22 will out last the rest its a very hard wering pole ,i had a play with the pheonix edg pole now that just felt qualty to me luved the clamps im probly guna try one next
wcw-phoenix-edge-carbon.jpg
i also felt the xline pole that also felt nce the clamps felt solid an very easy to use but unshore how it would were in ??

Thanks for the replies. Looks like the slx is the favourite which I suspected it might be.

Tench how do you find the clx 27 at height?

Anyone used these extension poles on the clx range?

Back