Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

One Week Rule

Shaun1977

Do you guys follow the one week rule when it comes to collecting money? As n you only try and collect for week after job is done thn push it on so thy owe dbl next month. When i first started out friend who got me into it said to go tht with tht as if you chase up for longer you get people complaining saying thy only payed you cpl weeks ago

Don't collect anymore,but when I did, if a couple of weeks had gone I'd slip it in that I'd be due again next week or so

They deal with that! I told everyone what I was doing and none whittled about that, I have had some what never paid that way and knocked them off the list eventually, there's just a few what said they can't do cheques that I collect, so am out maybe half hour a month.

I do envelopes for people that are more then 5 miles away. Works great. & I put stamps on them. I found I was going out about twice a week for 2-3 hours a ***ht. Now I go once a month for about 2 hours. The cost of the stamps is half the price I woz paying in petrol. That worked out roughly 8 times a month I woz collecting spending about £40 a month on just collecting plus being out. A few of mine are 12 miles away so I had to go there & if they weren't in had to go back again & don't like adding on each month as it builds up to sometimes a silly price. Spend about £25 on stamps every 6 weeks.

Iv got almost 400 customers so giving thm all stamps is out the question ur talking £200 a month
Don't do them all. I got bout 400 custys but it's only the far ones I do. Saves me money anyway. I made up a letter that I posted through there door when I cleaned there windows. I also put a few of there prices up by £1 to cover the stamp so I gained really.

Told them when I collected, said something like, trying to eliminate having to work all day and ***ht, and not interrupt people's evening, that sort of thing. Most folk appreciate you need some time for yourself and family

Back