Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Crack on

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Did a large block paved driveway, np, got soaked but just cracked on with it /emoticons/tongue.png

Got a gutter hovering job and a conservatory in the morning though, that might be interesting if the wind keeps up.

thanks Taxlossloz as I am not the only one to balance on a rocking horse....its very dodgy by the way...mine was to clean a plastic inside conny roof and I had forgot my ladders...and nobody was in.../emoticons/biggrin.png

one thing I really hate is forgetting stuff and getting up the ladder so yep I have to crack on...

so my handkerchief has been used for so many other things..

I had to make one scrim sill cloth last for ages yesterday as I had left a bin bag of them at home...grrrrrrr

before today I have had to rifle the recycling bin to leave a note...

dont mention pens...they just vanish..

and of course the other day...no water....thank god for water butts thats what I say..

always forgetting something...and of course...took my big ladders off last week and thought I will put the others on in the morning as you do....or....dont..

lucky for me farmer giles lent me his.../emoticons/biggrin.png whatever happens crack on...

Started at 9:30 had it finished by 2:30, but it was a pain as the water was slow to fill my barrel which kept stopping me, could of been faster.

I used to work for someone who not only had you working in wind and rain, but ice and snow and GALE FORCE winds! And this is with ladders btw

I know what I would have said and I'm betting you said the same thing /emoticons/biggrin.png

I used to work for someone who not only had you working in wind and rain, but ice and snow and GALE FORCE winds! And this is with ladders btw

I know what I would have said and I'm betting you said the same thing /emoticons/biggrin.png
Well I was only like 17/18 at the time, it was my first job and I didn't want to lose it. It actually makes me angry to think of a particular day when there was like 60 mph + gales, and we're still working in it. Then I mentioned it to the boss, and he's like "I'm alright?", there on his A-frame

Just occured to me you might not know what I mean by A-frame, this:

http://www.ladders-direct.com/acatalog/window-cleaners-ladder-vpsa6.jpg

Brush kiln dried sand back into the joints, but needs to be dry as possible to do it, and today really wasn't dry as possible lol.

I see /emoticons/smile.png do you come across many block paving drives that have been badly installed, there's loads in Cornwall and they have loose bricks and dents in them.

and in the spirit of the post...

so I turned up at 11 on friday to find the gates locked and only a plumber in....and he wasnt answering the gate buzzer..

so I parked up on the other gate and got my kit on and climbed over...yes what the boss man doesnt know wont hurt him as he probably wouldnt like it...

then I am attacked by the friendly doggy...well when I say attacked...its just my shoes...he wont leave them alone...I mentioned this to the plumber and he said he does it to him so its not just window cleaners..

of course up the ladder on the other side.....I forgot I need my 14 inch not my 18 as it doesnt fit a lot of the windows..but...I had my little four inch in my pocket so...

just crack on..well I wasnt going over the gate its bloomin hard ..

then I realised that one scrim for the sills wasnt going to last as they were filthy...but just crack on.and out comes my hanky

then of course my nose suddenly decides to run in over time...

gets around the back and onto the roof and the orangery roof had spots of muck engrained on it and as fast as I soaked them with my applicator the sun and wind dried them up but...they really need a scraper to clear them but far too scared of scratching it so I had to use the special applicator end scrubber

just crack on..now if I could get my wfp out of the car but..that would mean disturbing the custy who was now home..

and then I wanted another microfibre..

yep one of those just crack on days..

and as I went for my money the boss man had come back and someone was at the gate and he was dealing with it....

as he walks back towards me his wife said who was that...

as quick as a flash he said...

oh its our new windowcleaner..

I think he was joking../emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back