Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Used my SMAX40 for the first time

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

It cost me over £500 including VAT ! it reall ydid put a whole in my pocket /emoticons/wink.png

I generally use my SLX 25 for a everyday pole.

But i used the SMAX to get to some really dirty gutters.... my arms were killing afterwards.... but i done a great job ! /emoticons/tongue.png I used ecover truck aswell.

I never really needed to buy this but i knew it would come in handy.

I knew a job will eventually come up where i need more then 30ft... so i thought buy it now while i got the money and no headache later.

I think the SMAX is a good pole... not many people have one cos of the price.... but its worth investing in one lads if you got the money.

do u put the ecover onto the brush or what?

got me some virosol, great for downstairs as can just spray it on, but for upstairs, just putting it on the brush doesn't seem to be enough.

do u put the ecover onto the brush or what?

got me some virosol, great for downstairs as can just spray it on, but for upstairs, just putting it on the brush doesn't seem to be enough.
Put some in a bucket and dip the brush in it, apply it to gutter or window, give it time to work then scrub/rinse off.

How high we're these gutters? I have a Slx 22 & 35 but only need my 22 for gutters. Have a SMAX on my shopping list but still can reach everything with my 35.

I done 2 houses yesterday with virosol, mix it in a 5L garden pressure spray container (cost £17) and I just sprayed it on the gutters from the floor (thanks to the addvice of ( you guessed it) Mark M) easy as that.

I can't believe big H sometimes...he makes me laff! No offence at all, but how can you just but a pole for over £500 thinking 'I don't really need it'???

It seems very flippant to me, all the gear; no idea.

Fare enough you have this one job (how much was the job worth by the way?)- but it'll take loads of jobs before you even make your money back, let alone make a profit.

I think it's mad to buy a pole thinking 'I know I'll need it one day', cos 6 months down the line, you could get a job when you need a pole that's 10ft longer than the one you already have.

Not being funny, but my mind boggles as to how someone can run a business with hardly any customers or jobs, and spend a fortune. You won't be able to keep going long like that.

You have to make your equipment pay for itself, it's not all about having shiny new everything.

Sorry for the rant, and again, no offence, but just seems you should think more business like...we'd all love to buy everything from Gardiners website....

Well I've started with a cheap as chips 36ft brodex and a home Made Harris and they do the job perfectly Both together cost around £200 job done, I'll splash out when I'm loaded lol

i cant help thinking he was using the wrong tool for the job for his arms to be killing him, your supposed to be able to use those poles all day long

windyman,your right, but am not buying anything else, just need more & more customers then i would be happy.

and I just sprayed it on the gutters from the floor (thanks to the addvice of ( you guessed it) Mark M) easy as that.
how did you get the gutters with it from the ground, you've got an extendable sprayer?
No the it holds enough pressure to reach gutters

Its like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002QRSME6/ref=asc_df_B002QRSME68026348?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=hydra0b-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B002QRSME6&hvpos=1o1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2105381844699683367&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
harunh sometimes mate i think you are talking toliet you have been a window cleaner for 1 minute cleaned tops 10 windows and you think just trying to make a thread most houses a 22 ft clx will reach gutters nobody would every buy smax who just started

H spend this money you got on getting work

flyers get them out there and someone to go knocking with you

then buy all the nice gear :]

lol, the smax will surely come in handy at sometime and it will eventually pay off /emoticons/tongue.png and i got nobody to go door knocking with me or to distribute leaflets /emoticons/mellow.png got to do it all by my self

lol, the smax will surely come in handy at sometime and it will eventually pay off /emoticons/tongue.png and i got nobody to go door knocking with me or to distribute leaflets /emoticons/mellow.png got to do it all by my self
It will eventually. But the point people are making is that it's not good business sense to do it this way.

Let's say you get 10 jobs for £50 where you use the supermax. You'd be hard pushed to get that many jobs for it in a year I think...so over a year later you have a piece of kit that still hasn't made you ANY profit. It's nuts.

I recently bought an slx-25 after much thought & it paid for itself within a day or two.

and I just sprayed it on the gutters from the floor (thanks to the addvice of ( you guessed it) Mark M) easy as that.
how did you get the gutters with it from the ground, you've got an extendable sprayer?
No the it holds enough pressure to reach gutters

Its like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002QRSME6/ref=asc_df_B002QRSME68026348?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=hydra0b-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B002QRSME6&hvpos=1o1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2105381844699683367&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=
Just to add, those pressure sprayers (maybe not that one I don't know) will actually push water to second floor (not tried 3rd) for wfp work and it does work because I've tried it to see if it was feasable so spraying product on gutters isn't a problem for them.

Just for reference cos I checked and may as well share my findings lol.

These will push out 3-6 bar or 43-87 psi, I did try it on an old kids toy backpack water gun (so expect something better to perform better) and got very good results, it easily put out good pressure at upstairs windows and on a full pump up put out it's whole 6l capacity in 6 minutes so I make that 1lpm.

Strange things happen in my shed sometimes lol.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
cheers knoxy and dodger, think need to change my nozzle to a jet perhaps, mine is 19 litre, quite heavy duty back pack sprayer, but just comes out as mist.

H i mean find someone whos willing to drop flyers with you or on thay own and pay them

get them out for a the next 2 months and u should pick up some tiddy work from it

smax is nice and hopefully u get a jops or 2 for it not just gutters

Back