Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Should I Do

WCF

Help Support WCF:

david247

ok i won a contract in nov and i basically im not making mega bucks but its enouth to pay for fuel and some other bits and dabs.

but there's a problem the customer hasn't told the other cleaners that they are not needed or isnt wanted so they are getting her windows cleaned twice a week now some of the other cleaners have been told but there are three that haven't been told or surpost to be told as far as i know.

the other windys are been paid about 5 to 15 to 11 quid per clean im getting 9 per clean what should i do

what gets me is that the other windy are leaving dried up soap suds in the windows aka probley some dogy cleaner !!!!! but in the contract i sign that all frames are cleaned and spot making every clean about 10 to 15 mins long but this guy hasn't cleaned the frame and makes them look dirty as hell so its taking me into a deep clean 1 hr +.

I would have a word with the custy about telling the other windy they are no longer required, 9quid for 1hours graft is no use, point out to the custy that you are doing a better job. If they still do nothing dump, this is what I would do mind I've only been cleaning part time for six months so maybe some more experienced cleaners would handle it differently

I would have a word with the custy about telling the other windy they are no longer required' date=' 9quid for 1hours graft is no use, point out to the custy that you are doing a better job. If they still do nothing dump, this is what I would do mind I've only been cleaning part time for six months so maybe some more experienced cleaners would handle it differently[/quote']I agree, although I also not been doing it long so maybe one of the elders might have a different view /emoticons/smile.png

Well, I got a cafe a while back, ( I do her house ) but the windy that does a few other shops on that row must of asked her...

Next time I came down she said don't do them today, they were cleaned this morning.. Huh? Yes the old windy is back, but he only comes every 2 weeks.. But she wanted every week.. So asked if I could do the weeks the other windy dosent come...

There was people sitting eating their breakfast and they heard it all.. I said are you having a laugh? I clean houses in the street every 4 weeks.. But told her no I won't clean them, just keep your new windy. And told her she be lucky if I'll be back cleaning her house..

And I never went back to her house..

Don't work for people if they don't appreciate it or you ain't happy.. It's not worth it

I would tell the customer exactly what you just said, just say, if they don't stop, and you have to deep clean every time, then you will be forced to double your price as you have to clean there mess as well. If they wont cancel them, and wont accept a higher price, then drop them.

ok i won a contract in nov and i basically im not making mega bucks but its enouth to pay for fuel and some other bits and dabs.
but there's a problem the customer hasn't told the other cleaners that they are not needed or isnt wanted so they are getting her windows cleaned twice a week now some of the other cleaners have been told but there are three that haven't been told or surpost to be told as far as i know.

the other windys are been paid about 5 to 15 to 11 quid per clean im getting 9 per clean what should i do

what gets me is that the other windy are leaving dried up soap suds in the windows aka probley some dogy cleaner !!!!! but in the contract i sign that all frames are cleaned and spot making every clean about 10 to 15 mins long but this guy hasn't cleaned the frame and makes them look dirty as hell so its taking me into a deep clean 1 hr +.
In this type of situation, never get involved with other window cleaners. Always make sure, if you are asked when another windy is involved, that although you are quite happy to do the windows, the other windy must be told FIRST.

In this type of situation' date=' never get involved with other window cleaners. Always make sure, if you are asked when another windy is involved, that although you are quite happy to do the windows, the other windy must be told FIRST.[/quote']i did that befor i signed the contract yet it looks like he is messing the other windy s around and not me in the contract states i get paid monthly so i must do the windows when im site so i can get paid

Am I in the twilight zone? Or is it that joke " how many window cleaners does it take to clean a shop". It's madness it is! Tell them to decide who they want to do the job and stick with them. 9 quid an hour is no good to a self employed man these days.

Unless of course you have good reason to think it could lead to better work /emoticons/smile.png

£9 for 1hrs work... I would not even go there. At least £20, and if you have no other work in the area then £30. If it's a big house then can afford it. However, the customer "Must" tell her old window cleaner that she has someone different. You don't want to be getting into any confrontation with another window cleaner, and especially not for £9.

Don't be afraid to increase your rates. You just need to be balanced when pricing, but fair.

hang on, so she has told some of the cleaners, but not told at least 3 of them, plus theres you, so shes got 5/6 window cleaners? and your working for £9 an hour, and this is a contract?
someones bulls***ing somewhere along the line here surely?

hang on, so she has told some of the cleaners, but not told at least 3 of them, plus theres you, so shes got 5/6 window cleaners? and your working for £9 an hour, and this is a contract?
someones bulls***ing somewhere along the line here surely?
Someone has seen the light !!!!

NONE of this makes any sense.

David try and explain clearly what the problem is because reading your op custy should be told to go forth and multiply. I cant believe anyone would share a customer with another windy.

Back