Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Taking A Customer Of My Round

that what I figured. I have climbing harnesses, etc. Not to sure it that would be ok to use, I think its probably a higher rating that most industry harness, as falls are common with rock climbing so the gear has to be good.
What are the health and safety implications on that method of use ???
I know exactly what you were trying to do, to be honest im dissapointed. You knew full well that it never complied with with H&S yet still asked anyway,

this file might help you guys out with it!

http://www.lyteladders.co.uk/creo_files/default/the_roof_buddy.pdf

The thing is im was asking a serious question where i dont know the implications with h&s

As i have never climbed on a roof as such so i was curious as to what the regs are ???

I have seen people fitting guttering etc on bungalows round by me and they are literally 7ft off the ground and they use scaffolding

Then i see roofers fitting roofs with scaffolding erected .

Then people pointing chimneys with or without scaffolding .

Im not to know if using a cat ladder on a roof to clean it is right or wrong ???

A honest question thats all it was !

The thing is im was asking a serious question where i dont know the implications with h&s

As i have never climbed on a roof as such so i was curious as to what the regs are ???

I have seen people fitting guttering etc on bungalows round by me and they are literally 7ft off the ground and they use scaffolding

Then i see roofers fitting roofs with scaffolding erected .

Then people pointing chimneys with or without scaffolding .

Im not to know if using a cat ladder on a roof to clean it is right or wrong ???

A honest question thats all it was !
i personally think that its not right and not wrong.

its not right because there are better and safer ways to do it,

but its not wrong due to how the ladder is designed and what you can do with it.

if you look at this video of a ridge hooks in usa that they use and they use them to build scaffold onto!

same sort of design as the cat ladders

rc i got no choice to take people of my round mate if they not happy with me cleaning in the rain

we live in the uk it rains nearly every day mate

keep them on your round and clean them when it's fine, that way you will still have the money. I have a few people that don't have it cleaned each time,

hmmm so your saying to me keep them on my round and just miss them for the next few months cos the weathers gonna be dreadful mate.. then when its summer .. when i get busy.... go running to them to clean their windowss ? lol naa no chance mate if they cant support me in the winter im not supporting them in the summer /emoticons/smile.png

not really mate a lot of customers love my service... some will hate me cos i dont clean in the rain well fair enough... but the people i clean all year round for who i provide a good service for bring my business name up /emoticons/smile.png and recommend me highly mate /emoticons/tongue.png

its only a small window cleaning business... no such thing as a bad name... unless u mess about with a big commercial /emoticons/tongue.png

were window cleaners not tescos and asdas rc /emoticons/tongue.png lol come on mate /emoticons/wink.png

If I dropped everyone who told me 'not today' I would have no work. And as I live in the south west of Ireland, I see rain at some point nearly every day, and when it rains here, boy, you know all about it. As it is, I have 330 customers now. Some are more regular than others. Some phone me when they want them done, and I accommodate them when I can. It's all money earned, so I am happy as long as I fill my days and bring in enough cash.

John

I am with Harunh on that one, if you allow it, maybe thats why more and more people mess you about. It become a common thing, and they think its acceptable because you accommodate it.

Personally If I get anyone saying not today, I will let it go, if they do it again, I will have a word, just telling them that the service is offered on a monthly basis, and we have an intermittent use of service policy, were we charge call outs when 48 notice is not given, and cancel customers service, who regularly cancel, as its just not manageable for us.

I clean in the rain no problem, as long as its not too heavy, very rarely get anyone saying not this time, once or twice a year, and its usually a new account. Last time I checked I had about 700 customers, so it doesn't seems to have affected my reputation.

I was cleaning yesterday in the rain.. Was just light rain.. Customers just say.. Miserable day today.. Yep it is!

It always takes 2/3 cleans to see what the customers are like.. If your not happy with them, dump them and replace.

There is plenty of business out there, certainly enough to not need customers who try to take advantage. If its raining and a customer tries to say no just point out that at least half their windows are dry and usually more.

As mentioned before, I'll let it go once and the drop them and find another customer. Also when customers want me to stop for the winter I say no. My argument being that if all my customers did that I'd be out of business and wouldn't be around to start again in Spring.

As for getting a bad name, it's my experience that customers don't talk about window cleaners to their neighbours etc unless someone without a cleaner asks about one which means extra business not losing business.

I am with Harunh on that one, if you allow it, maybe thats why more and more people mess you about. It become a common thing, and they think its acceptable because you accommodate it.

Personally If I get anyone saying not today, I will let it go, if they do it again, I will have a word, just telling them that the service is offered on a monthly basis, and we have an intermittent use of service policy, were we charge call outs when 48 notice is not given, and cancel customers service, who regularly cancel, as its just not manageable for us.

I clean in the rain no problem, as long as its not too heavy, very rarely get anyone saying not this time, once or twice a year, and its usually a new account. Last time I checked I had about 700 customers, so it doesn't seems to have affected my reputation.

i love the way u agree with me mate /emoticons/smile.png all your posts are the way i think /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/wink.png we think alike haha

No 1 talks about the window cleaner /emoticons/tongue.png

If no 1 lets me clean in the rain then no point having them.... i want to go out each day and have 20 jobs on my schedule... not get knocked back by 4/20 customers saying no its raining ! thats just stupid

rain is normal in the uk /emoticons/smile.png so get used to working in it /emoticons/smile.png if customers arent happy then its cya later

Back