Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What size DI Pressure Vessel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mdpeake

Hi folks, I have an RO system fitted to my domestic and I have just found out that I need a DI Vessel aswell.

Could anybody advise me as to what size I should get and how long they last on average before they require re-filling./emoticons/wink.png

I am thinking about putting the DI in-between an outside tap and the inlet of the RO, does that sound ok...:blush:

iv got a 11l one but i only use this to filter my water so it lasts around about 5 weeks id say then i change it at 10ppm

i'm going to get a big 1 tho so i can use the 2

the normal seems to be 11l one but depends how big your round is tbh

11 litre vesel would be the most common size, but you can get bigger or smaller.

DO NOT put the water through the di vessel before the r/o, if you do, the resin will be doing all the work and you will spend a fortune on resin!. Put the vessel between r/o and tank, between static tank and van/trolley, or between van/trolley and hose reel. It would be more helpful if you explained axactly what kind of setup you have. Do you have a static system which you then transfer into a van or trailer mounted tank?, or do you have a trolley system?.

I have double 27 lt vessel at home and a 4lt vessel as emergency in the van just in case i run out of water on a job save going back home

I use a 4.6l vessel and never had a problem with it. I've heard you should have 7l or bigger...but not sure why you'd need 27l!!

Surely at some point the size becomes irrelevant...just using up more resin than you need too. I might be wrong but my 4.6l vessel lasts me months.

Mines 11lt and my ppm is 130ppm it gets the water to 0ppm so I'm happy /emoticons/wink.png

I use a 4.6l vessel and never had a problem with it. I've heard you should have 7l or bigger...but not sure why you'd need 27l!!

Surely at some point the size becomes irrelevant...just using up more resin than you need too. I might be wrong but my 4.6l vessel lasts me months.
The main reason i have double 27 Lt resin bottle is i was given them:D:D

Back