Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Giving up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Posh

Lads that 2 people lately who have decided to quit. (glad my names not Gav). I was just wondering if there anything we can do to help em. Anyone live near them or offer good advice. I just feel its sad when we hear this & feel helpless to do anything.

90% of it is motivation mate

gav the main boss has a lot on his plate with 2 kids wife bills ect and holding down a job and trying to do the windows not much more he can do

gav. b gave up after a week or he hasnt now not to sure

personally i set myself a 2-3 year plan if u think after a month youll be rich your wrong everyone in the world whos started something from scratch started at the bottom and worked thay way up to the top so to speak

starting any bussiness is hard its easy to buy work and keep the good and drop the bad id love this to come my way 1 day but till then i will build a good round for me :]

90% of it is motivation mate

gav the main boss has a lot on his plate with 2 kids wife bills ect and holding down a job and trying to do the windows not much more he can do

gav. b gave up after a week or he hasnt now not to sure

personally i set myself a 2-3 year plan if u think after a month youll be rich your wrong everyone in the world whos started something from scratch started at the bottom and worked thay way up to the top so to speak

starting any bussiness is hard its easy to buy work and keep the good and drop the bad id love this to come my way 1 day but till then i will build a good round for me :]
your are right minimum 2-3 years and it will take a least 5 years to get rid of the **** and get regular good money

I feel very lucky that the amount I need to earn is very low and I'm not to far off the mark now , I woould hate to worry about things like that b

Ok lads im not in it to make a quick buck i know any business takes time to build up .

Just had a lot of pressure ofter 10months off work and the stress of bills kids needing new clothes needing new shoes needing decorating etc etc things just getting on top of me now and felt like just saying sod it last ***ht .

Been waiting for samples of flyers from ebay for 2 weeks now still not turned up people saying give em a price then they dont bother replying etc etc just made me think why am i bothering to waste my time .

But im gonna be on top of it from now on i will not be defeated i can not give up quiting is for the weak and i am not weak !!!!"

Good lad. You know there's some good blokes on here that will always help. Why wait for flyers. I do a simple leaflet on the computer that explains what I do. I can fit this leaflet on A4 paper 5 times. I then take it over post office get 100 copies done & hey presto I have 500 leaflets that tell customers what I do. Ok they don't look fancy but they say what I want. That cost me £8.00. I have better things to spend money on then fancy flyers that you know 90./' are gonna finish in the bin. But that's just me. I see someone on here spent near on £200 on flyers or buisness cards. I personally would rather give that £200 to a canvasser I know to get me £100 of work. Just my opinion. Also I can see you've had other probs & really hope you get this going. This was just a way of saving a bit of money & getting flyers quicker.

Let's all throw £1 in each and do a big euromillions syndicate for Tuesday.. Be close to £60,000,000.. Then we can pay someone £100 to clean our mansion windows!

its a hard world setting up business but its even harder when working for someone else just remember that;)
+1 for that i never want to go work for anyone again or do any other job i love the flexibility of window cleaning

Back