Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Why is paying so hard for some

A

abs

Had a customer ow me £40 so went round early and caught her doing school run, she said call back in a hour and half and ill have it, went back and not in left yet another note saying ring me to arrange collection , nothing, she can pay online but don't pay PayPal but don't and I'm sick of getting the run around, help guys /emoticons/sad.png what's the best way to approach this ?

Ditch them, does not help in getting your money though /emoticons/sad.png
Ow I'm ditching them ok,,,

It's a 12 job but now worth this hassle I hate being taken for a fool

You can get a solicitors letter done cheap.

I had one who owed 4 cleans; I left bank details and 2 SAE's. I caught up with her on a Sunday night. She was on the hop and paid up. Her windows have never been cleaned since. Horrible woman!

I guess you could go to small claims but for all the hustle it might just have to be a lesson learned spend the time getting new custys in the time you spend chasing them.

@Tuffers suggestion might also work. :rolleyes:

You can get a solicitors letter done cheap.
I had one who owed 4 cleans; I left bank details and 2 SAE's. I caught up with her on a Sunday night. She was on the hop and paid up. Her windows have never been cleaned since. Horrible woman!
Liking the solicitors letter but that could backfire and scare a reputation

And if I'm ruining my rep then ill ruined it with cricket bat being a English gent an all that

can usually sense a bad payer by clean number 2 . i used to give them the benefit of the doubt and carry on to the next clean ,hoping they would come good and because i needed the work . a mistake, hoping brass will turn into gold-it never does!

of course you are wanting every new customer to play ball and pay normally,but its just never going to happen . never go to clean 3 without being paid up to date or you are a real mug

Yes I learnt this lesson an never went over three months. On the third I would stop turning up and quite often they would call asking why I had not not been. I would explain that I had not received payment and that our policy was after missing two payments in a row we stop cleaning until payment is received. If never received there diched!

you can of course use them ...as i do...i have a dodgy one and was busy last time so just left it ...if i am not so busy or maybe its dodgy weather i will do it ....but i still cant understand people who apparently dont carry money...the common excuse she uses...

another owes me £30 and her last words were i will sort it....hmmm still waiting...but its three strikes and your out as above and as i have been too busy of late she is left waiting ....if she says anything to me...i know what i will say back..../emoticons/biggrin.png

I had one the other day shes owed me £20 over more than 8 months i turn up every month and try and get paid for a job that should of been £30, she blamed it on the bedroom tax!! in the end o came one month she was gone with loads of rubbish outside and no one knows where she is!!!!!!!!!

Just goes to show that it's not just window cleaners that sometimes do runners :rolleyes:

I won't do any work for a customer myself unless I get paid any ouststanding money for the previous clean first.

I don't do collecting, so I'm always owed money , cash PayPal or bank transfer normally work ok for most it's just the odd few that do this

1 clean. If no pay you don't get another clean. Try going in tescos & see if they will let you leave with a trolley load of shopping after you've told them you have no money & can you pay next time.

Back