Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Checkatrade.com

I wouldnt bother mate. Lots of admin involved and you end up having to bid for work against a load of bobajobbers.

I view these things as being held to ransom

Everytime a new advertising directory or service like that starts, its like they are saying, 'advertise with us, or else no one will know about you, hand over your money'

I never use any of them if they cost.

checkatrade was featured on watchdog recently & got a right bashing. I didn't think much of them before, but I defo wouldn't recommend them now.

if you want it for window cleaning, i think not worth it, around £600 per year, you will probably get jobs no where near you work, probably one off cleans, different if you want it for bigger one off jobs for pressure washing etc. these jobs would pay for itself especially in march - sept. months.

i was going to but decided not to, may look good for you but keep your hard earned money. get some cheap flyers and post.

I am with Check a Trade. I am happy to pay the money....for now. I mainly do gutter cleaning. It's the only money I spend on any sort of advertising. Since I first joined they have 3x the members which is where the problem starts. More trades means less work to go around. The best way to use check a trade is in combination with a decent website where most of your traffic comes direct to your website with a link through to your check a trade profile. It helps make your website stand out against competitors. You just need to hope the people arn't watching watchdog!!!!

Back