Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Down pipe cleaner for £95

WCF

Help Support WCF:

windowsurfer

4a533d63b85402387b6a936c237f8a6e.jpg
8fcda62e677badee493b88bbdc982cd2.jpg

Came home to my new downpipe cleaner.

Ordered a 1800 watt guttering from gutter Cleaning systems 40ft with carbon fibre poles n downpipe cleaner.

Have been waiting over 2 months for downpipe cleaner, have phoned a few times n was told there was an issue with supplier, so they have made an impressive new downpipe cleaner£95 worth, with 20ft of rope, despite me ordering 40ft poles.

I ended up going to clean two jobs I had been putting off for last two months this morning, thankfully no downpipe cleaner was required.

Not overly impressed with guttervac machine, struggling to gulp down clumps, had to get ladders off to get into edges of gutters despite waggling this way n that way. Some of the poles are spongy in parts, like the carbon fibre is not thick enough. Had a couple of carbon fibre splinters. The black hose has popped of the cuff a few times.

I've only used it on my house which was fine, quite happy. Then on my Bro in law. It struggled with clumps. Needed the weedhook attachment which was supplied, n the two jobs today. Which was two bungalows. Got blocked several times.

Think I should have gone for more powerful machine.

Any thoughts regarding the downpipe cleaner. Anyone bought one? I do think it's s great idea, but certainly not worth the cash n rope size a bit short.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Sorry mate, thought this was a total joke or April fools post when you popped that picture on there.

Re 1800 watts I think the hover the Mrs uses at home has more guts than that!

As for gutter vacs I have owned them and never been a fan.

Whip ladder off and break out the pro gutter tools.

4a533d63b85402387b6a936c237f8a6e.jpg
8fcda62e677badee493b88bbdc982cd2.jpg

Came home to my new downpipe cleaner.

Ordered a 1800 watt guttering from gutter Cleaning systems 40ft with carbon fibre poles n downpipe cleaner.

Have been waiting over 2 months for downpipe cleaner, have phoned a few times n was told there was an issue with supplier, so they have made an impressive new downpipe cleaner£95 worth, with 20ft of rope, despite me ordering 40ft poles.

I ended up going to clean two jobs I had been putting off for last two months this morning, thankfully no downpipe cleaner was required.

Not overly impressed with guttervac machine, struggling to gulp down clumps, had to get ladders off to get into edges of gutters despite waggling this way n that way. Some of the poles are spongy in parts, like the carbon fibre is not thick enough. Had a couple of carbon fibre splinters. The black hose has popped of the cuff a few times.

I've only used it on my house which was fine, quite happy. Then on my Bro in law. It struggled with clumps. Needed the weedhook attachment which was supplied, n the two jobs today. Which was two bungalows. Got blocked several times.

Think I should have gone for more powerful machine.

Any thoughts regarding the downpipe cleaner. Anyone bought one? I do think it's s great idea, but certainly not worth the cash n rope size a bit short.

I have the same vac 1800 watt that they sell as a smaller one to save taking the genni and omnivac , I find it's quite good for 2/3 storey work on houses however it can block on the inlet , also this time of the year with dry lumps of moss I think most vacs can block in the head or pipe work I never experience this winter time when it's wet and soft , that 1800 watt is a good machine mine paid for its self on the first job . I bought my carbon poles from carbon fibre tubes they are 100% carbon very light and surprisingly strong , and very reasonably priced compared to the well known branded company's poles , I've had mine about 3 years now and they are still going strong , we do do a lot vac work and they get some serious abuse up to 65 feet cannot recommend them enough

How the hell does that contraption work? 1800 watt should be plenty powerful as long as there water lift figures are correct, which I doubt! You really need an inlet of no less than 50mm to reduce blockages and true water lift of over 2000mm!

I talked to quite a few so called gutter vac companies including the one you purchased this stuff from and decided to make my own gutter vac up! And in most jobs I will agree with Mr Green that a ladder and Pro Gutter tools will be needed on most jobs and will be quicker!

Got to agree with Christian & GreenPro - I get up there and physically clean it, ladders/gutter pro etc.

I appreciate with difficult to reach areas, above conservatories and so on but stuck on a long reach pole it can usually be done.

If it's the downpipe that's blocked it's usually been like that for a while before the customer notices and I've had to dismantle. Fortunately builders rarely glue them so pretty easy to do.

I kind of based my decision to bother offering this service n buying a vac was that the customer with the large conservatory said she had builders that skoosked water along n it covered the roof with the gutter contents.

The contraption is a cordless macallister screwdriver, you pull the rope n a metal arm presses the trigger. It's a good idea, haven't tried it, just didn't expect to pay £95 for something that looks like a prototype.

Regarding the price of vac compared to others I do think it's probably good for the cost, as poles are seriously light, I think it could be improved with lighter gutter tools to decrease weight for working over conservatories, but overall the weight was good.

On the conservatory gutters that are flat on bottom, the muck was hardened on n the back wasn't getting to it, so used ladders n brought vac nozzle up to get into corners, but did have to do a bit of manual labour to loosen up dirt in awkward corners that it wasn't able to get.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

How the hell does that contraption work? 1800 watt should be plenty powerful as long as there water lift figures are correct, which I doubt! You really need an inlet of no less than 50mm to reduce blockages and true water lift of over 2000mm!
I talked to quite a few so called gutter vac companies including the one you purchased this stuff from and decided to make my own gutter vac up! And in most jobs I will agree with Mr Green that a ladder and Pro Gutter tools will be needed on most jobs and will be quicker!
It does have a 50 mm inlet the problem is that it's not side entry , I agree you do need to get the ladders off now and then but with the work we do it is the exception rather than the rule and we do some seriously bad gutters , the worst problem I find is very little gap between the gutter and tyles on a lot of properties

IMG_0605.JPG Yes, for sure a side entry cyclonic is the way forward that's what I fitted to my machine! And the tile to gutter gap as you said can be a real problem for gutter vacs even with narrow tool heads on!

Yes, purchased the vac which is a 1400 watt Hyundai 50 litre with 2200mm water lift from Powersite. Then I fitted a Numatic 51mm side entry cyclonic I purchased from Grippatank. I modified the original hole to fit the side entry. This unit works a treat and has plenty power!

Latest Posts

Back