Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best Way To Get Cleaning Chemical To Gutters

O

OoO

How do people do it.

What's the best way to get cleaning chemical onto fascia and gutters.

Spray bottle?

Use wfp?

Thanks.

I got a pump spray with ecover in it mate,... Wen i wanna use it ill spray it all over my brush nd then just clean /emoticons/smile.png

Yeah I do the same now, wanted to get away from that if possible. But it's probably gonna be the easiest way. I fancied a lance system for the cleaner to soak in.

That sprayer is exactly the same as mine.. I took out the yellow lance, and cut it down for about 3". Have a Harris pole, pop the pole hose into the trigger, I have a straight John guest connector at top for quick changing brush, I use that, and put the shorter lance in, cable tied to the pole.. Then just pump and spray...

That sprayer is exactly the same as mine.. I took out the yellow lance, and cut it down for about 3". Have a Harris pole, pop the pole hose into the trigger, I have a straight John guest connector at top for quick changing brush, I use that, and put the shorter lance in, cable tied to the pole.. Then just pump and spray...
And it pumps up no problem ?

Yes it's great.. I first was using it without the lance, and just using it through the jets on the brush which was also ok, but I changed my fascia brush to 4 jets and the pressure wasn't strong enough, so put the lance back on and it's better with the spray

I think I will get a Clx 18 and do the sprayer pump idea. Can also be used a wfp if needed /emoticons/smile.png

An x-jet would do the job or a vario pressure washer nozzle. That is if you want to apply chem then soft wash and/or jet wash guttering, fascias etc :rolleyes:

Some even use electric or petrol driven high volume chemical sprayers too /emoticons/wink.png

I used to pressure wash. Did first job for a housing association by hiring the machine. Made over £3000 and one hell of a mess in 2 days for 2 men. No, I'm not in London. It's very fast, very messy and I don't do it that way anymore. Used a vac too. Hated that more than the pressure washer. Now, we use ladders. You can't beat getting up there and doing it manually.

As for applying chemicals, we use a spray trigger bottle. 3 climbs and you have done an average semi. Very quick. Pays better than windows too.

All I can say then steve you must have long arms to clean all the outside of gutters, fascias and soffits in just 3 climbs (front&back). Either that you have very tiny 3 bed houses down your way with no conservatories or extenstions /emoticons/biggrin.png

Also how do you clean 3 storey town houses?

All I can say then steve you must have long arms to clean all the outside of gutters, fascias and soffits in just 3 climbs (front&back). Either that you have very tiny 3 bed houses down your way with no conservatories or extenstions /emoticons/biggrin.png
I'd be interested to know re town houses actually, tons round here, smurf how do you get them?

Close! I'm just lucky enough to have a sprayer that sprays a long way!
With 3 storeys, I either pass em on to someone with a gutter vac, but I do try to canvass the street and see if anyone else wants them doing. If so, I hire a scissor lift or cherry picker and split the cost. All that depends on access obviously.

Hi Bud, found my old thread lol...... Questions.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to cut the lance down, then connect pole hole to cut down lance and secure if needed (jubilee clips) run pole hose down pole, then connect back up to spray bottle trigger. Then hose from trigger to spray bottle.

So all i am doing is really extending the yellow lance bit with pole hose.

Is that what you did?

I am going to mount the lance head into a resi neck or something....

Correct???

Thanks

Sounds easy what I said and it wasn't lol.

I made it work in the end. But had to use 3 types of hose in the end. Just couldn't get the diameters to

Match up. Anyways I have made it and works a treat. Even at 35ft /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back