Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which van??

I use a 2006 vauxhall combo with a 350ltr tank, does me about £150 a day. payload is 800+kg. So i'm pretty close to max limit.

I like it cause it's small, drives like a car and I still do a lot of trad work so it's easy to get the ladders off. Having to get ladders of a transit would do my head in. Sure I would get used to it though

It's a top van
emoji108.png
Top dollar as well

Could never justify the price at the mo on a works van

Although give it 2 year these will be available for 7 k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There going for cheaper on eBay now [emoji106]

Transit custom??less than 7k? Neil I do bit in commercial vehicles never seen one less than 12k with reasonable mileage? Usually 15k is average for these vehicles

There going for cheaper on eBay now [emoji106]

I'm a transit connect man, love mine, bullet proof, big enough, and looks good too, 989kg payload

I have a an older fiat scudo, great van. 3 front seats, 2 side loading doors, payload is 815kg which is plenty for your average solo guy just doing windows. The newer scudos, expert, dispatch i believe have more payload and the hdi engines which are great engines and economical. I see no reason to get a bigger van unless you offer multi services or are a two man team, bigger vans and more awkward to park.

Toyota hiace, 5 years running with a service every year and it's still bullet proof.Same engine in the hilux that top gear tried to destroy ;-)
+1

My Hiace is a 55 plate. Had it from new, totes reliable and carries all I need with room to spare.

I use 2 transit connects t220 1.8 tddi engines for residential both 2 man systems 500ltr

vans are rated for 850kg payload.

And for commercial I use t350 transit lwb 2.4 tddi engine with 1000ltr tank

Parts are cheap as chips for ford vans had turbo pack up on connect other day cost £35 for new one from breakers Luv it.

Also only use tddi engines as tdci ones are **** for injectors.

I still cant decide what van to go for :confused:. I keep thinking I'l go for a lwb connect, but worry that I will need more room in future if I start doing pressure washing / gutter clearing.

I think long wheel base transit be fine

I do pressure washing as well but never drive round with all the gear in just load when needed

Last thing you won't is a pressure washer with all the accessories stinking off fuel in van constantly

Just load it when needed

Il help!Transits-good reliability but rot boxes and suspension issues

Vivaro traffic etc- new ones ok,old ones chocolate gearbox dodgy slave cyclinder and injectors go may as well get new engine!

Hiace-bombproof never rust,little dated

Berlingo,partner etc reliable spec in 2.0 hdi or 1.9 diesel

Vito-avoid avoid avoid

Transporter-lovely van mega momey
Hi mate why you say avoid the vito thought they were a good van ?

I've just gone for a 2012 hyundai iload 2.5 comfort personally think look well and good reviews suit me for now but goal is a transporter in few years or transit custom

You'll have loads of room in a connect long wheel base for a pressure washer, you won't carry it in the unless needed, just leave peace for it to one side...

just upgraded to a van with 2 tonne payload ie 350 lwb transit

that will hold my 650 tank handy with ladders all extras then getting gutter vac and powerwasher

say the payload with me in van be about 1200 lots of spare and also not pushin van to lmit

Hi mate why you say avoid the vito thought they were a good van ?
Paul there mechanically sound but unless your goin for newish vito the all prone to the vito rot. Sills etc but a lot suffer from chassis rot to

Also parts are very expensive

That said I would have one of the newer Vito's there nice looking van

Back