Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone Looking For A 4040?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bicester, Oxfordshire...
oh right, my misses is up there from today till friday, and im going up there 6th april!

the guy selling it is a friend of mine, so if you want can pick it up for you and bring it back to northampton?

oh right, my misses is up there from today till friday, and im going up there 6th april!the guy selling it is a friend of mine, so if you want can pick it up for you and bring it back to northampton?
I'll have a think and might bid on it. That'd be great though if ya could . Thanks...

I don't know the seller, but he ocassionally visits another forum and seems a genuine guy.

As a combination it could be a good buy, but he's relying on the membrane being useable.

If I was going to bid, I would bid on a used housing as their wouldn't be any guarantee the membrane will be ok. A dried out membrane doesn't work well. He says it filters to 15ppm but we don't know the input tds so don't actually know how efficiently it is working.

A new housing is £140 from Osmotics.

If you do a search on Vyair.com, they have a 4040 housing for £72.00 incl VAT. It isn't a champ housing but will work ok.

I don't know the seller, but he ocassionally visits another forum and seems a genuine guy.
As a combination it could be a good buy, but he's relying on the membrane being useable.

If I was going to bid, I would bid on a used housing as their wouldn't be any guarantee the membrane will be ok. A dried out membrane doesn't work well. He says it filters to 15ppm but we don't know the input tds so don't actually know how efficiently it is working.

A new housing is £140 from Osmotics.

If you do a search on Vyair.com, they have a 4040 housing for £72.00 incl VAT. It isn't a champ housing but will work ok.
the start tds is around 350ppm in that area, the membraines have been left in water to keep them wet too,

RC. Not being up on these things I take it you just connect it to a normal tap. Run it through & it comes out the other end 015ppm???. Bit like running through a DI ???

Yer kind of, there is an pipe in on one side then on the other side there is 2 pipes, a pipe of near pure water and a waste water one.

The near pure water could go into holding tank then use di to polish it off as and when you use it, or you could put if from 4040 to di then holding tank.

I'm not 100% on them either.

RC. Not being up on these things I take it you just connect it to a normal tap. Run it through & it comes out the other end 015ppm???. Bit like running through a DI ???
tap water to pass through sediment filter and carbon block first before it goes to r/o. For us after r/o, di then holding tank. We have 3 vans so cheaper to polish off tds before IBC tank = 1 di vessel.

Back