Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Soft wash diluted Hypo no result

Don

Hello need some advice done today first soft Wash on garden stone with 4% diluted hypo after 30min waiting washed off looked the same as before then tried undiluted 14% on one tile agitated with brush left for 30min result clean stone.Everyone is recommending dilute Hypo .Any one can tell me why this happens? Customer told me that Stone tiles was Pressure washed year ago .soft

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hello need some advice done today first soft Wash on garden stone with 4% diluted hypo after 30min waiting washed off looked the same as before then tried undiluted 14% on one tile agitated with brush left for 30min result clean stone.Everyone is recommending dilute Hypo .Any one can tell me why this happens? Customer told me that Stone tiles was Pressure washed year ago .soft

On stone I go neat, gets job done quicker & Hypo is sooo cheap & my time is valuable.. if algae is not too bad I'll go 50/50.. You will not get much of a result if diluted at 4% may as well use household bleach..

Last edited:
On stone I go neat, gets job done quicker & Hypo is sooo cheap & my time is valuable.. if algae is not too bad I'll go 50/50.. You will not get much of a result if diluted at 4% may as well use household bleach..

Also what are you are using as surfactant and smell killer I ordered lemon scent form clever wash but it's expensive ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also what are you are using as surfactant and smell killer I ordered lemon scent form clever wash but it's expensive ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tried lemon scent from clever wash & could not smell any lemons. I now use eco washing up liquid does the same job but a lot cheaper. Reason for eco is that you don't get many suds so makes it an ideal surfactant

Used correctly you never need more than about 4% unless spot treating stubborn lichen spots

It is overkill to use it so strong just apply and let dwell

How old is the can of hypo ? Was it a part used drum ? Once opened it looses its strength over a period of weeks also check the use by date , diary hypochlorite has the longest shelf life as it's used to sterilise milk lines . Some times you need to apply several coats to achieve the required results , on pourous surfaces pre wet the area to stop it absorbing the hypo you want that on the surface to do its job not soaking into the substrate

Dwell time anywhere from 20 mins to about an hour depending on the surface and what you are trying to remove

After an hour it is pretty much dormant and broken down.. keep it wet for as long as possible and it will do a better job

Re apply stronger don it's not as black and whIte as everyone makes out "splash on rinse" sometimes need re apply a few times and I've been using clever scent recently the s/h booster and surfactant it masks the smell boosts s/h and great surfactant for render-roofs etc but at £30 for 5 litres seema expensive on face of it but I think you use 300ml per 25ltr neat hypo

Re apply stronger don it's not as black and whIte as everyone makes out "splash on rinse" sometimes need re apply a few times and I've been using clever scent recently the s/h booster and surfactant it masks the smell boosts s/h and great surfactant for render-roofs etc but at £30 for 5 litres seema expensive on face of it but I think you use 300ml per 25ltr neat hypo
How does it boost the effect of the hypo ? I understand the sufricant part but not how it boosts its effect , surely it just keeps the hypo on the surface where you want it rather than it soaking in so is that what you mean by boosting it ? If so any surficant will do the same job we use washing up liquid and it works very well , but Ime always willing to try new and better products or ways of doing things

How does it boost the effect of the hypo ? I understand the sufricant part but not how it boosts its effect , surely it just keeps the hypo on the surface where you want it rather than it soaking in so is that what you mean by boosting it ? If so any surficant will do the same job we use washing up liquid and it works very well , but Ime always willing to try new and better products or ways of doing things
just attatched sds sheet must beon of the active ingredients in it i cant remeber the name of the ingrient but it is a thing i dont think it makes much differnce to be honest its just really a great mask scent and surfacant and it go's a long way i recently bought a second hand clever injector and he threw in 5 litres with the deal

SDS_Clever_Wash.pdf

Attachments

• SDS_Clever_Wash.pdf
    300 KB · Views: 11
just attatched sds sheet must beon of the active ingredients in it i cant remeber the name of the ingrient but it is a thing i dont think it makes much differnce to be honest its just really a great mask scent and surfacant and it go's a long way i recently bought a second hand clever injector and he threw in 5 litres with the deal
Ok thanks I was looking at that stuff on there site a few weeks ago we use clover chemicals sent mask bubblegum it's quite good and cheaper than that , but only use it if there is likely to be a problem with the hypo smell

Ok thanks I was looking at that stuff on there site a few weeks ago we use clover chemicals sent mask bubblegum it's quite good and cheaper than that , but only use it if there is likely to be a problem with the hypo smell
yes perhaps i will try some of the bubble gum scent from clover ive seen other use that no doubt cheaper

Back