Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

For Those Of You That Are Owed Money From Several Customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

Im owed money from a lot of customers and so are a few other people.... a few people are owed a small amount and a few are owed a lot

I see a lot of people complaning over bad customers not paying up etc

This is the way i see it /emoticons/smile.png

Being owed money for a window cleaning business is normal especially when u go collecting.....

The more you earn then the more you should expect to be owed /emoticons/smile.png

Ifu earn 100 pound and u were owed 20 quid then it wouldnt seem much would it ? 20% should be the limit /emoticons/smile.png if u earn 1,000 being owed £200.00 should be your limit /emoticons/smile.png just keep it within £200.00 and ull do well and not be to worried /emoticons/smile.png you just got to accept its like having a float in a till when you open a shop up in the morning..... the day u pack up your window cleaning business that money will be all yours again /emoticons/smile.png

By every Sunday ( my main collecting day ) I make sure i have met my within 20% target /emoticons/smile.png and i always do achieve this /emoticons/smile.png

any bad customers who always say come back come back i get rid of them /emoticons/smile.png i know who my bad customers are and who my good customers are /emoticons/smile.png some people are good payers but they sometimes have no money but i know their good customers /emoticons/smile.png some people arent i can spot a good and a bad payer /emoticons/smile.png

and ive toke of a lot of bad payers of my round who are not worth me knockign all the time so thats why ive kept within my 20% limit cos when i gain 3 new customers ill always take a bad payer off if i need to i ve got 1 customer at the moment on my round that has always said come back to me 8 times in a row now ! its very annoying and they just mess u about so im collecting the £18.00 when ever i do then taking them off /emoticons/smile.png other then that i can say all my round has good payers upto now /emoticons/smile.png

People have busy lifes and its sometimes hard to get hold of them

I dont do any collecting, i leave i ticket with an envelope with the ticket sticking out the envelope, on the ticket i write as follows:

MAIN HEADING LOGO PICTURE

Your:____________

Date:___/____/____

Address:______________________

Notes:________________________

Then in below a section with all the details how to pay, first option is to send this ticket along with a cheque to the address printed below, made payable too ...

then option 2 is pay online,

3rd option is barclays pingit. Also there is a section that says please send all due payments within 28 days as requested.

Then contact details and my address at the bottom of the ticket.

Most of my cheques come pretty quickly.

I dont do any collecting, i leave i ticket with an envelope with the ticket sticking out the envelope, on the ticket i write as follows:MAIN HEADING LOGO PICTURE

Your:____________

Date:___/____/____

Address:______________________

Notes:________________________

Then in below a section with all the details how to pay, first option is to send this ticket along with a cheque to the address printed below, made payable too ...

then option 2 is pay online,

3rd option is barclays pingit. Also there is a section that says please send all due payments within 28 days as requested.

Then contact details and my address at the bottom of the ticket.

Most of my cheques come pretty quickly.
Bang on mate,I operate a system like this to,only knock on doors if they stack the bill up to two lots as my average house spend is now £25.

If your constantly collecting that's time wasted and wear n tear on van as well as more fuel used unnecessarily.

I also dont got out collecting, and only have out standing payments for only a few days, due to the time with bank transfers,

and my commercials that get a 30 day payment, becasue i clean them upto 4 times a month so only give them one invoice at the end of each month.

no business should have debt unless they offer a 30 day payment account.

cant walk into any shop and say to them pay you next time!

there are so many ways that you can get paid theses days there are no excuess for anyone to pay.

here is a copy of my invoice that i give to everyone and think thats the reason im not in any debt with customers!

View attachment 1341

Rc....that is just the sort of invoice i am going to send out, at the moment the few customers i have all pay me when im there.

But i like how you have set that out and it obviously works.

You say on it that you can take payment over the phone? How have you set that up and does it cost much?

Rc....that is just the sort of invoice i am going to send out, at the moment the few customers i have all pay me when im there.But i like how you have set that out and it obviously works.

You say on it that you can take payment over the phone? How have you set that up and does it cost much?
i use https://www.payyours.co.uk you have an app on your smart phone that you can use, and also one on the pc at home, later this year they are bringing out a device that connects to your phone via bluetooth and is like a small chip and pin device. you just log in, type in the details and thats it, can email a copy of transaction to them or print it out to give to them next time.

you can also email them with the payment and they can pay on the link thats in the email.

its costs 2.25% on credit cards and 49p per payment on debt cards, but the more you use it the cheaper it is.

£99 to sign up, then £6 month your not tied into a contract either, so can stop it at anytime.

Sounds interesting, will have a look at that.....i just think the more options you can give the less reason to not pay you!

How are you finding it? Are customers using it? Just wonder if they are a bit wary ?

Sounds interesting, will have a look at that.....i just think the more options you can give the less reason to not pay you!
How are you finding it? Are customers using it? Just wonder if they are a bit wary ?
i have only just got it so still got to let customers know, im not starting to use it till next month. got to add it to invoices website etc.

with my customers i think they will be fine with it, its just like taking payments over the phone with any other company or paying over the internet.

as long as you have the trust with your customers there shouldnt be a problem,

Keep us posted how it all goes. I think you are right its about trust. Good luck with it, i will be looking into this a bit more.

I had wondered about having something like this from the bank, not that i have looked at it. Probably more expensive knowing the banks!

Keep us posted how it all goes. I think you are right its about trust. Good luck with it, i will be looking into this a bit more.
I had wondered about having something like this from the bank, not that i have looked at it. Probably more expensive knowing the banks!
Yer will do, Yer some places you have to be in a contract for 2-5 years with some of the payment machines.

Im owed money from a lot of customers and so are a few other people.... a few people are owed a small amount and a few are owed a lot
I see a lot of people complaning over bad customers not paying up etc

This is the way i see it /emoticons/smile.png

Being owed money for a window cleaning business is normal especially when u go collecting.....

The more you earn then the more you should expect to be owed /emoticons/smile.png

Ifu earn 100 pound and u were owed 20 quid then it wouldnt seem much would it ? 20% should be the limit /emoticons/smile.png if u earn 1,000 being owed £200.00 should be your limit /emoticons/smile.png just keep it within £200.00 and ull do well and not be to worried /emoticons/smile.png you just got to accept its like having a float in a till when you open a shop up in the morning..... the day u pack up your window cleaning business that money will be all yours again /emoticons/smile.png

By every Sunday ( my main collecting day ) I make sure i have met my within 20% target /emoticons/smile.png and i always do achieve this /emoticons/smile.png

any bad customers who always say come back come back i get rid of them /emoticons/smile.png i know who my bad customers are and who my good customers are /emoticons/smile.png some people are good payers but they sometimes have no money but i know their good customers /emoticons/smile.png some people arent i can spot a good and a bad payer /emoticons/smile.png

and ive toke of a lot of bad payers of my round who are not worth me knockign all the time so thats why ive kept within my 20% limit cos when i gain 3 new customers ill always take a bad payer off if i need to i ve got 1 customer at the moment on my round that has always said come back to me 8 times in a row now ! its very annoying and they just mess u about so im collecting the £18.00 when ever i do then taking them off /emoticons/smile.png other then that i can say all my round has good payers upto now /emoticons/smile.png

People have busy lifes and its sometimes hard to get hold of them
Bad payers mate i allways **** em off, let some other window cleaner have them.
# Not worth the hassle.

A load of customers pay me online now /emoticons/smile.png but i love collecting , i only collect on sundays now /emoticons/smile.png if im behind then what i do is go during the week sometimes

A load of customers pay me online now /emoticons/smile.png but i love collecting , i only collect on sundays now /emoticons/smile.png if im behind then what i do is go during the week sometimes
Thats how i get payed now by BACS it makes it a lot easier, but its still nice to go get that cash thow. /emoticons/smile.png

When you go out canvassing and you knock on loads of doors and they all say no, then you get to a house where the lady comes out and says she's been wanting a window cleaner for ages you have to wonder why.

But you still have to give her a go, its part of building up a new round sorting out the wheat from the chaff. Gradually you improve the customer base but you will get through a fair few time wasters in the process.

most of them are serial time wasters, you pick up on little comments like "the window cleaners never seem to last long round here" but its still a few quid in your pocket in the mean time you just have to put up with a bit of hassle. You will know when to let them go

I like collecting at least once a month. Think it's important to see your custies now and then & just to say hello & keep in touch.

I go collecting twice a week, normally and Thursday/Friday night. If I get finished before Friday ill go out Wednesday/Thursday. Im out for about 2 hours at a time. For me its jut something that needs to be done I dont see it as a problem because because im use to it. In a perfect world every one would pay by standing order but hay ho that aint going to happen' If I dont get someone in fair enough I dont expect people to wait in for me to come round. As for being owed money im always due in about 250 not all from the same people though. Theres been weeks ive been due in A LOT more. Its just the way it works

I find it hard to believe that the ones that say never have a problem with payments. I know quite a few windys who I talk to & they like me have a few probs with customers. If you got a lot of customers you must have payment problems with a few. In a perfect world all mine would pay me on the day or post a cheque same day or be in when I collect. Unfortunately it's not a perfect world.

I find it hard to believe that the ones that say never have a problem with payments. I know quite a few windys who I talk to & they like me have a few probs with customers. If you got a lot of customers you must have payment problems with a few. In a perfect world all mine would pay me on the day or post a cheque same day or be in when I collect. Unfortunately it's not a perfect world.
I've told them all from the start that there is a late payment charge, maybe that's what worked for me, I now got 5 different ways for people to pay, on my round they all pay within 7 days due to the time on some online bank payments,

Back