Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

People cancelling Xmas week

WCF

Help Support WCF:

sambo

Has anyone else had a number of people try to cancel cleans this week? I normally get around one a week text me back when I say I'm coming, I say 'No problem this time but I don't normally skip cleans blah blah..' and 9 times out of 10 they don't ask again and all is good.

This week I must have had 5 customers already, 2 of which said cancel for good - I can only assume they are skint pre Xmas and decided window cleaning is surplus to requirements - is this normal for other windys? I noticed it is only younger people or people who are less well off so I assume it is income based? I know its not because their windows are badly cleaned as I get a number of recommendations and positive comments so (I hope) it's not me...

iv only had 1 do this recently . it REALLY got my goat . cos last clean she had asked can we do her facias and gutters so THIS time id allowed plenty of time to do it all -then we turn up and she wriggles out of it saying im not expected . my lads reckoned same time as cancelling she was flashing her eyelashes at me,was wearing only a towel too ,fancied me - but i tell you wot i looked at her deadpan ,my eyes didnt look at her bod - no appeal to me

No cancellations at all. I always text two days in advance......everyone knows the crack. Most people are pretty keen to get clean windows for christmas.

Yep no bother for me either. Most of my custies are of the older or milf variety though, so if anything they usually happy to get windows done in time for visitors.

I was ok apart from 2. One admitted she was saving the pennies for Xmas which is fair enoug & one had relatives over. (She's foreign) I don't mind this. Means I can finish earlier

If it's younger people then I am not surprised

The market to aim for is 50,s and above - mortgage paid off and planning retirement type

Are you texting them the night before and giving them the 'opportunity' to cancel? I just turn up and start cleaning.
I do the same for most Neil but you know what some areas are like here i need to text for access or they're only getting the fronts done

Did you go get water today??

He's shut now till the 4th

Bit wrong i reckon as one of the guys who go's there is working tomorrow amd tuesday Wednesday next week and he's fooked now

I do the same for most Neil but you know what some areas are like here i need to text for access or they're only getting the fronts done

Bit wrong i reckon as one of the guys who go's there is working tomorrow amd tuesday Wednesday next week and he's fooked now
That's why you def need your own water setup

I had one customer who went 8 weekly early in November, she texted to ask if I'd taken her off the round as she was expecting me this month. I replied 'no I haven't taken you off the round, you asked to go 8 weekly over the winter as you didn't think they were worth having done if you remember, you are next due in January.'

Another one has been asking me to clear his gutters. As it started raining on Monday afternoon I phoned him to see if I could pop over and fit the job in as I couldn't carry on window cleaning due to the weather. Well err err you might drop muck on my drive and make it dirty, I've just had it cleaned you see. Sod him I ain't doing them now, I had been doing them for years too cheap anyway!

Is he not opening for a couple of days after Xmas like he originally planned to?

I didn't go and fill up today. I've got a couple of drums on the van to start me off on the 4th and then I'll get up there to fill up once the morning rush is over.

He decided he wasn't gonna open

Not good when people rely on him

Won't be long i reckon before i get my own ro/di

Plus people i know who make their own say it's a whole lot cheaper once up and running

4p a litre

Still works out cheap but I've been told it costs around 1p a litre of you do it yourself round here where we have between 475 and 500 ppm on average

I've been thinking about getting a 1000 litre tank and getting my water delivered. Not really got anywhere to keep it where I am now though. I'll be moving into my parents house when they move to Spain in early 2017 and they've got a double garage so might wait til then.

Where's that Neil?

I wouldn't get it delivered i would make it myself

Ro/di setup doesn’t cost much really

Plus there is a 1000l ibc tank sitting outside his unit and theres no cameras lol

Stinks of garlic though as i opened it to have a peek

1000l tank you would only need to make pure at the weekend and just pump from the tank to your van at night

That's nicely placed for wherever you need to start in the mornings

Nice houses there

Back