Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Do You Know The Windows Clean?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scrim it

Hoping to get into water fed soon and was wondering (mainly for first time cleans), how do you check that the window you have just cleaned is clean?

Without getting up a ladder to check, how do you know? Do you just keep rinsing and hope the customer doesn't ring you?

If it is a high upstairs window that you are cleaning how can you see if there is paint, silicone etc that needs cleaned off while standing on the ground?

Does anyone trad for the first clean?

Thanks

As long as you do the proper/standard agitation & rinse on glass + frames with correct flow of pure water then you just know the window will be clean.

How often do you come across paint/silicone though...? If you can't see it then the customer will inform you then you will probably have to grab the ladders & scraper.

Can be a bit hit and miss when you first start out as took me a few months to get it right like learning any new skill. Also need to inform the customer that can take 2-3 regular cleans to get rid of old detergent/dirt trapped in window seals, frame drianage holes etc that can leach onto the glass whilst drying causing drip marks & minor spotting.

Some windows you will find will spot no matter how many times you clean them. Go figure

Regarding wfp first cleans depending how bad the frames and glass are can take 2-3 times longer to do and may even need a boost using chems to get them looking good.

As for pvc restoration work really filthy frames & sills any silicone, cement, paint etc on glass, frames or sills then I class that as a builders clean and charge extra to do. Simples...

First clean I always use degreaser and soap mixed, dip brush in and scrub like hell, if the customer is in they're always surprised how much dirt flows down the frames and glass. As Smurf says anything else is a builders clean and at least 3x the price.

Once you get used to using wfp you just trust your technique....

Technically you'll never know if windows are going to be ok if they're left wet, even on maintanance cleans, but after a while 'you just know' (use the force young padwan)

Just take your time buddy, you'll soon learn which windows are easier etc.... And remember, the better first clean you do, the easier life becomes in your maintanance cleans

You old scrubber you :Image10:

First clean I always use degreaser and soap mixed, dip brush in and scrub like hell, if the customer is in they're always surprised how much dirt flows down the frames and glass. As Smurf says anything else is a builders clean and at least 3x the price.

Back