Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First frost

WCF

Help Support WCF:

First snow on Monday, it was a dusting on the hills where I was working yesterday in bonnie scotland, three days earlier than last year, so a customer said to me who keeps his weather records. Thankfully it was away today, washed away by the rain.

The worst thing i did was go to the gym

Less bodyfat means a colder daveyboy

I also think we get more wimpy as we get older as every year i feel the cold more

You will also get a chill if you do @daveyboy1 shorts and tee-shirt jobbie as he must think he is still on holiday in turkey. Mind you I'm wondering now what footwear he has on wandering around cleaning windows for free /emoticons/biggrin.png
he must have done canvassing there and now custys ringing

I can tell its got colder...my hands have suddenly dried up and are starting to crack. If you arent careful, you can get some big cracks on your fingers.

I agree daveyboy, the older you get the more you feel the cold.

I was out for a bit today and my hands were kept nice and warm with hot water running through the pole hose.

I can tell its got colder...my hands have suddenly dried up and are starting to crack. If you arent careful, you can get some big cracks on your fingers.
I agree daveyboy, the older you get the more you feel the cold.
Ditto mrtaytay, had to apply the hand cream tonight, have to start wearing gloves me thinks now, but to be honest although it's been cold last few days my hands have been warm....strange?

You can pick up a propane gas water heater for less than 70 squid now. So even if you don't do wfp method you could still use hot/warm water in your bucket when you want it. No more sticking your hands in cold water and you may even find it cleans better too.

You can pick up a propane gas water heater for less than 70 squid now. So even if you don't do wfp method you could still use hot/warm water in your bucket when you want it. No more sticking your hands in cold water and you may even find it cleans better too.
Are covered on your vehicle insurance to carry propane gas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto mits thetaytay, had to apply the hand cream tonight, have to start wearing gloves me thinks now, but to be honest although it's been cold last few days my hands have been warm....strange?
Maybe your hands are toughening up shiny. I think Its the freezing cold ladders that really kill your hands......its sometimes like carrying a block of ice. Might get the lady wife to apply some cream later on;)

Yoin a can pick up a propane gas water heater for less than 70 squid now. So even if you don't do wfp method you could still use hot/warm water in your bucket when you want it. No more sticking your hands in cold water and you may even find it cleans better too.
Ever tried sticking your freezing cold hands In a bucket of cold water......its a killer

Yes I know it is that's why I mentioned the portable gas hot water heater.

Ever tried sticking your freezing cold hands In a bucket of cold water......its a killer

As my wife would say when I'm winning about something hurting or not feeling very well she tells me to go to the fridge and get a can of manthefookup :laugh:

Latest Posts

Back