Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fascia soffit and gutter outsides cleaning advice....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Scottie

Hello all,

I have been asked to clean the above and wondered how people go about it. I here TFR is good or ubik 2000.

I have not doen any of his cleaning as yet, so wondered if you could list down your action plan on doing this job. I was going to use soapy applicator and apply it to the fascia etc and wait and then WFP it all, the fascia etc are dirty and looks tuff. Is there anyhting I can get from a shop that you guys recommed?

I want to buy a solution but do not want to spend loads. Any adive would be great. I just imagine a saopy applicator and then WFP might be hard work and may need a solution. How do you guys apply the solution to the fascia? I do not have a sprayer, so was thinking again to apply to applicator and rub on.

Thank you very much for any replies. /emoticons/smile.png

I don't think you'll need a solution or any kind of chemical unless they are really bad Scottie, your pure water will do the job and the brush should easily remove all the dirt/moss,

Personally I prefer to get up the ladder and hand clean it with a cloth and soapy water, but either way, I've never used chemicals, and never needed them so far!

They might look really dirty, but almost always they come up easily...

Depends how bad the white plastic are if you need to use chems/cream cleaners or not. Some newer plastics are a doddle to do and other jobs are hard work to get them looking clean. I've found just using pure water alone will not get greying and discolured plastics clean so yes you do need sometimes to get up there and do them by hand if you have suitable ladder access as you can do a better job.

If you want to try something cheap to buy at local shops to put on your brush to get surface dirt off then try flash concentrate gel (lemon) is as just as good as most degressers. To be honest you can't beat a good hand job though to get really tough stains off using elbow grease, scrub pads and chems/cream cleaners to bring badly stained plastics back to white.

I've never done a gutter clean that hasn't come up well with my bucket of fairy liquid and water... Never had to buy chemicals

I've never done a gutter clean that hasn't come up well with my bucket of fairy liquid and water... Never had to buy chemicals
Some chems you MUST have in van are - solvent cleaner , winsol crystal clear , and jif

Or something similar to jif wich is a cream cleaner.

I've also found cilit bang lime and grime works well on stained plastics

Or something similar to jif wich is a cream cleaner.I've also found cilit bang lime and grime works well on stained plastics
There's only one crystal clear tho

It's amazing for water stains

Never found owt like it (that's Yorkshire for -anything)

Today I used flash concentrate gel on me brush and worked rather well especialy on filthy conservatory white roof frames, finials & crests as I could not use anything stronger as it had self cleaning glass. Mind you I was using hot pure water too which also helped alot

I could open up a bloody shop from the back of me van as I've loads of stuff as I like to try different ones out.

I've got absolutely nothing in the back of my van except pure water, and a trad bucket with fairy in it. Never have I needed anything else,

Used viro sol once, didn't really do anything, happy with pure and soapy water for all my needs,

I will look into Chems if I need to, but up till now, never been needed...

Hi, thanks Jake, yeah I think I will just stick to pure. I did the fronts of a hosue the weather boards once and they were green, and came up amazing. I will use my unger pole 30ft one and use applicator on end of it and have very soapy and rub the fasica and gutter and then leave for a bit and then pure water off with WFP like I do with connys then.

I think I smurfed it as front fascia and gutter clean only cleanig gutter not inside on a normal 3 bed house and got £60 for it. Also the other I got £50 for 3 bed house used my loaf as they were a bit more suspect on price, so three roads away form each other £110 I hope that takes me 3 hours in total, may take other less but I fussy and not as experienced, but not bad going i think. Will let you no how it goes Jake, trust he pure!!! lol Thanks again.

Back