Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Traditional v Wfp

RichieB

I've been collecting new customers over the last few days and a lot of them already have a windy but they all tend to mention that there not happy with this wfp method because it leaves marks and they perfered the "old fashioned way"...

So there happy I've come along...

What do you think causes this wfp issue??

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I haven't lost one customer since starting in June last year......have gained about £150's worth just by being seen.

It's just the same as picking up work from tradders that don't clean frames... plenty of guys out there in both camps that do a half assed job...

Poor technique and taking shortcuts such as not changing resin or rinsing properly. Also the older generations don't like it as it seems incomplete when you finish as the windows are wet. It's alien to them

Trad and wfp can be done poorly by idiots

People who are sceptical about wfp will spot every little spot so a bellend with a wfp setup and no clue is gonna drag our reputation down with them

I have several customers who had bad experiences with wfp guys and i have said to them give it a chance and if you are not happy no offence will be taken

All happy chappies once i had been

I don't give all this :turd: about it getting better with each clean i just do the job properly and leave a spotless job

Each can be done wrong. It just so happens that people primarily look at the glass first,and whereby a lazy tradder may miss frames and sills...a lazy wfp guy will perhaps not rinse enough and the actual glass will look worse=more noticable to customer.

Trad and wfp can be done poorly by idiotsPeople who are sceptical about wfp will spot every little spot so a bellend with a wfp setup and no clue is gonna drag our reputation down with them

I have several customers who had bad experiences with wfp guys and i have said to them give it a chance and if you are not happy no offence will be taken

All happy chappies once i had been

I don't give all this :turd: about it getting better with each clean i just do the job properly and leave a spotless job
Was talking about this the other day. How lazy do you have to be to tell a paying customer that they may have to wait a couple of months for a satisfactory job

Was talking about this the other day. How lazy do you have to be to tell a paying customer that they may have to wait a couple of months for a satisfactory job
I always give a good thorough double clean of all frames sills and glass on all my first cleans. I still find that some Windows have drips come out of dirty rubber seals, so personally I always warn my new customers about this.

As said some just don't like the idea of windows being left wet . Had one when I changed over from ladders " I don't want that it will make my walls wet " Should have said what happens when it rains but could see it was a waste of time .

As said some just don't like the idea of windows being left wet . Had one when I changed over from ladders " I don't want that it will make my walls wet " Should have said what happens when it rains but could see it was a waste of time .
I had someone, say the same. They were worries it would wash their paint off the render. I asked if they have to repaint it every time it rains [emoji23]

I always give a good thorough double clean of all frames sills and glass on all my first cleans. I still find that some Windows have drips come out of dirty rubber seals, so personally I always warn my new customers about this.
But that's understandable. I meant the boys who are saying it'll take a few cleans to get their frames up to scratch because they want a quick job

I always tell a new customer that you can get a rogue drip on the glass once i am gone as i have sprayed so much water above the frames etc and to give me a shout if there is a problem and I'll sort it

I don't ever get called back although i must leave the odd spot now and then

I have heard people in the past saying it won't be perfect it will take a few cleans..that is a cop-out to get away with doing a quick job not a thorough job

I give a good going over on the first clean, and as above I warn about a small chance of spots/drips but I've never seen it after I've been

I scrub and rinse twice on first cleans, never had to go back to any. Only ones I explain might get a run from the top frame is old wooden windows. Pvc if your cleaning properly shouldn't give any problems. Did a bungalow last week. God only knows when last cleaned. Moss was growing on the glass on some of it. Scrubbed rinsed scrubbed rinsed then rinsed again. Got two recommendations from ecstatic customer.

If you are going the trad route then so be it. Do a good job and your customers will be happy.

However, you also need to be careful as you could decide to change over to wfp at some time in the future. So you need to promote a positive approach or you will loose those customers when you do. But as there are fewer and fewer tradders out there, there is also the possibility of them not being able to find a trad cleaner in the future to replace you.

Always try to do a thorough job on first cleans but I also tell them about the possibility of the odd drip and explain why that might happen. Only been called back twice I think. I personally dry all top frames off with a towel on first cleans then rinse glass. But if it's a really bad window and you happen to be working in heavy wind or rain there is a chance it won't be percent.

As for trad I can't see any reason at all to choose it over wfp other than its cheaper?

Back