Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Much Work Ahead?

T

The Gutter Goblin

Hi All,

I'd love to know how much confirmed work people have ahead of them. (Not including window cleaning)

I only clean gutters and cons and usually can only see about 1 week ahead, although I have recently relocated to a new area.

I advertise mainly through flyers, with occasional local mag and newspaper ads.

Currently, this week I have 3 large and 1 small jobs, 3 quotes to do and a small job for next week.

Is this typical?

Lead time is normally between 1-3 weeks depending on how busy I am. However as I'm semi-retired now I find it bloody hard graft at times so only like to work 2-3 days a week at most if possible so to try let my body recover. I tend to do more domestic full exterior house cleans rather than just clearing guttering so mostly like to book in only one large job a day. Larger domestic jobs can take anything between 1-3 days depending if hard surface cleaning is required too.

Regarding gaining work on the domestic front whilst doing one job I tend to pickup other jobs very easily especially when working weekends. As an example did one Saturday and another 3 jobs came from that one alone plus another maybe when others seen me working in the street. Other work comes from repeat business, recommendation or through the website.

I'm sure if I was young and my body wasn't so knackered I would be working 8 days a week :Image13:

0 - I get a few requests but i tell the customer that im fully booked and got no chance on doing it.

Keeps my life much more simple and easier /emoticons/smile.png

I'm booked out for the next few weeks.. I seem to not be able to refuse work.. But the more stress I'm under the higher the price I'll throw at them, so if they do take me up.. I'll just have to squeeze them in somewhere

Now you're learning :Image13:

But being stressed out with your workload is no good for your health. Simples...

I'm booked out for the next few weeks.. I seem to not be able to refuse work.. But the more stress I'm under the higher the price I'll throw at them, so if they do take me up.. I'll just have to squeeze them in somewhere

That's the problem H when ppl have a decent size regular window cleaning round and have no time for add-on work or just don't want to do it.

Many window cleaners don't do gutter clearing around my area as either say they are too busy or just don’t like clearing/cleaning gutters. Simples...

Some have even tried using a guttervac too and soon packed it in as they find out guttervacs are not all what they are cracked up to be.

No skin of my noise as more well paid work for me... :Image3:

0 - I get a few requests but i tell the customer that im fully booked and got no chance on doing it.

Keeps my life much more simple and easier /emoticons/smile.png

Last 3 gutter jobs I have done, not been able to use gutter vac, like surf says not all cracked up to be the answer. now gutter pro tool and a good ladder setup is the answer

Yep gutter vac def wouldn't have helped on a job I was on today, the fella wanted a few sections of gutter replaced and the other sections unblocked. But it was a huge plant that had wrapped itself round some sky cables that had been placed in the gutter! Needed all 3 ladder sections to get up to it to!!

That's the problem H when ppl have a decent size regular window cleaning round and have no time for add-on work or just don't want to do it.

Many window cleaners don't do gutter clearing around my area as either say they are too busy or just don’t like clearing/cleaning gutters. Simples...

Some have even tried using a guttervac too and soon packed it in as they find out guttervacs are not all what they are cracked up to be.

No skin of my noise as more well paid work for me... :Image3:
But i dont see the point in taking more work cos i all i want is 5 days worth of work per every 4 weeks

all my customers are mainly 4x weekly

1 hotel is on a 1 weekly clean and a few shops are on 2 weeklys the rest are on 4 weekly cleans with like 6-8 residential customers on 8 weeklys.

Im close to getting 5 days full work every day for all year round... its constant work mate and thats all i want.... but people do it for extra money but 5 days is enuff for me mate lol /emoticons/tongue.png

mine varys i usually only do gutters or jetwashing on saturdays and im usually booked up 3-4 weekends but for some reason this months been busier phones not stopped ringing and already got the first 2 weekends booked up for next month,

but if youre just doing gutters every day 5 days a week being booked up a week is pretty good bearing in mind if you can average 3-4 gutters and fascia cleans a day depending on size thats goto be 15-20 jobs a week

Back