Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Buying a round to hire workers for

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Has anyone had experience buying a round? What did you find the customer retention rate was like after switchover? Have you had any problems switching customers from traditional to WFP?

I'm trying to decide if it is best to take on one or two lads with traditional or WFP as the round is traditional at the moment.

i bought a very small round [well only 2 streets worth ] prob was 20 or so houses from a lad who was scared of ladders. a really decent bloke.

within a year or so id lost or dropped every single one! i probably got my money back twice ,i learned something and still friends with the guy .

Just to add a little thought to this......

What would you want to go on the books and work as an employee for another window cleaner or firm?

Once you can answer this question then perhaps you will be closer to knowing what you should offer as a package to a potential employee.

I bought a round that was established 25 years with one window cleaning in October 2014. It had 350 customers and now has 425. I lost some. but gained more as I made sure I did a better job than the previous cleaner and have a lot to do with the local community which helps.

Just to add a little thought to this......
What would you want to go on the books and work as an employee for another window cleaner or firm?

Once you can answer this question then perhaps you will be closer to knowing what you should offer as a package to a potential employee.
Not sure about that Green, to make a successful self-employed man go into employment would take quite a bit more money than someone who has only ever been employed and can't see themselves ever going it alone. That wouldn't answer the problem.

It's surprising what people are willing to get paid just to have the "security" of a regular job.

lol u r mad thinking bout this

u r buying a round

hiring people to do it for you

getting them to collect the money ???

lol it be very easy for them to swip a fair % of your round as they clean it and collect it lol u need to do somethin mate

somethin i thought about was a takeover .. if someone came along rival windie offered you x5 your round paid you for your outstanding debt owed by customers

brought your equipment a a gd price

then offered you a fair contract of employment

would you take it ?? ie the higher end of a 35000 a year wage +

Back