Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First Roof Coating Job Off The Year

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Looks a nice job how long does that paint last ?.There is someone in the village who had there roof painted about 2 years ago and its coming off already

Ive got some i done 7 years ago and still looking good /emoticons/smile.png , should do 10 years easy, i use 2 coats and powerwash well and put an anti fungal wash on before painting

Any short cuts will have the paint peeling in no time

Typical short cuts are

pish powerwash job, one coat off poor quality paint, paint thinned too much, no anti fungal put on before paint to kill spores , there job looks ok on the day but soon looks ****

Ive a good name up here for a quality job and aim too keep it

I charged £1150 for the above job all in, another chap quoted £2500 then dropped too £1500 when customer telt em they wernae interested, really if paint is peeling after 2 years then its poor prep and poor paint.

Excellent job. Please refrain from using the p word. It has offended a few people in the past /emoticons/smile.png

Thanks.

I dont get why you would put all these chems on roof after powerwash. I mean roofers dont when they build roofs do they?

I offer to put them on cos its good money for me and good for the customers roofs too prevent regrowth off moss, its a lot cheaper than replacing old tiles with new and all for the customer, roof looks brand new /emoticons/smile.png

Oh and Damo , noted and no problem mate /emoticons/smile.png

Yeah but moss is going to grow back no matter what you paint or seal on the roof, how come washing isn't enough then, is it purely for the moss reasons?

Its like driveways, it will get dirty again after a wash, may take a year or more but will get dirty again.

Sorry if too many questions am just intrigued...

As tiles get old they lose there glaze, or they just get so battered by weather that they start getting brittle and porous and the areas that get covered in moss or lichen can lose there waterproofing , its not like powerwashing a patio or pavements, roofs are sloped and tiles are shaped too flow water therefore stay cleaner longer, if you add a waterproofer like a sealer or paint the tile wont absorb moisture and trherefore moss and lichen aint gonna live so happily there , moss loves dirty shaded areas, also the chems have anti fungal agent in them that kills moss spores when they land on the roof, I use mosskill, works for about 5 years , and I get too come back and reapply it ching ching

Smurf all my customers have a lot off sense , that's why they hire me lol ,I aint the cheapest but I do a top job, I get undercut often and still get the job cos off the reputation off doing a top job.

Johnny , its made by Mistrel right enough .

Latest Posts

Back