Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Roof Racks

For the last few years I've been using a Ford Focus estate for work.

Had a standard two bar roof rack for holding the ladder.

My ladder would overhang the back a little but I could open the boot without having to take it off.

I've just changed to a Vauxhall Zafira and have fitted some bars to the cars rails.

For me to get the boot open while the ladder is on top it needs to be sitting quite far forward which is causing it to move around a bit more than normal whilst driving.

Is it possible to get some other form of roof rack that will hold it better?

Had a look at van roof racks that look like it would be big enough but aren't for fitting to rails.

Anyone have any ideas?

I use a nine rung triple so I can easily reach gutters but it doesn't project too far forward on the car roof and I can get the tailgate open with the ladder on the roof rack. Could you use a shorter ladder is my point?

For the last few years I've been using a Ford Focus estate for work.Had a standard two bar roof rack for holding the ladder.

My ladder would overhang the back a little but I could open the boot without having to take it off.

I've just changed to a Vauxhall Zafira and have fitted some bars to the cars rails.

For me to get the boot open while the ladder is on top it needs to be sitting quite far forward which is causing it to move around a bit more than normal whilst driving.

Is it possible to get some other form of roof rack that will hold it better?

Had a look at van roof racks that look like it would be big enough but aren't for fitting to rails.

Anyone have any ideas?
if you put foam pipe protectors on your roof racks holding them on with cable ties helps prevent your ladder moving about might help you

Back