Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to set up ball **** on tank?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jake

Hi guys how is this done? How does it stay in place if using a wheelie bin for example?

I've bought a Loncin 14hp 21litre a minute second hand and need to know how to stop the buffer tank overflowing?

So I'll be filling the tank with half inch hose, what do I need on the end? What type of ball **** etc? And how does it stay In place...

Sorry, I'm a total newbie to pressure washing guys!

I tend to use a portable ball **** as use customers wheelie bins most of the time (agreed in advance) as I can't be arsed lugging one about in the van.

When I say it's portable it just tightens onto the lip of the opening then the lid is shut. If you prefer to use your own wheelie bin instead then is just a matter of drilling a hole to fit it. Either way I use a male garden tap connection to fit a garden hose to it.

Tip: I tend to keep an eye on the water level so can now judge roughly how much water I need to finish off and turn the water off by undoing the stop connection. That way I don't have to struggle to try moving and empty the bin with loads of water in it.

Thanks smurf, I've bought one from b&q and also put a 1/2 inch barb on it for the hose, now just need a buffer tank!

The problem with my area is we don't have wheelie bins, our council has refused to implement them! No idea why when most of the country have them! So I need to get a tank, I've found some on eBay that look pretty good - might buy one of these - http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=251873538595

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The other thing is if I was to put a tap in the bottom of my barrel, what size hole is needed to be drilled? Are water butt Tals all 3/4 inch? I need a hole saw to make the hole but unsure what size is needed!

That will do for sure and is cheap enough too.

To add a tap it's as simple as this

[media]

[/media]

Smurf I must thank you for you continual advice and support - it doesn't go un appreciated, thanks for always taking the time to really help people mate, really good of you!

My next diy project is a portable wheelie bin toilet seat, steps and popup screen for those on the job me moments. Then I can shite from a great height so to speak /emoticons/biggrin.png

good one @Smurf :thumbsup:my answer was to throw a leg over the tank and dangle your tackle

trad guys :rolleyes:

I payed 34 delivered for a blue wheelie bin from somewhere online will check for you. I ordered it on a thurs about 11am it turned up at 9am the next day with free delivery!!

You want one with wheels as if you have to move it it's near impossible with out wheels.

I use the standard washer feed hose & filter that came with the washer and just drop it into the bin myself. I'm also aware some 21 or larger pumps are configured to have two feeds to help reduce cavitation and many pumps also have a back to tank bypass hose too

It was a 105liter the chap I got my washer from showed me his previous setup and said he let his lad run the washer full power for 5 mind and the bin never got lower than half full. If it goes bang I will just have to buy a pump and fit it myself. Iv already drained the fuel and serviced the engine as well as changing the keyway to help reduce wear and failure

I use a I think 110 litre garden water butt I bought for £15, tap in the bottom for when it needs emptying but I do as @Smurf said above and when I get close to the end of the job turn the tap off and usually get it pretty close.

Then a hole in the top with ballcock through it and a hozelock connector on the ballcock outside the water butt.

I've not used a 21 pump washer myself but would imagine using a 110 buffer tank might be a wee bit small especially if the tap flow/pressure is poor to keep up with the demand.

Latest Posts

Back