Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Interior Cleans

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi all

Just after some advise from you long timers. Been cleaning for a little while now using wfp but use trad for interior cleans on shops etc.

Next month I have a interior cleaned for a customer on a big house and just wondering what the best solution is to use or make up so not to cause loads of water on sills ect as I'm inside

An advice would be much appreciated!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

1 litre spray bottle of water and chosen detergent minimal drips but may need to clean glass twice depending on how dirty the glass is as sometimes get smears .

If you're looking to do quite a bit of internal cleaning or have a regular big job (I do KFC internal and external weekly) then an unger stingray is very Good. Initial outlay expensive but cut a job by 30% easily. Although I did trad before and even tho it takes longer just as good.

If you're looking to do quite a bit of internal cleaning or have a regular big job (I do KFC internal and external weekly) then an unger stingray is very Good. Initial outlay expensive but cut a job by 30% easily. Although I did trad before and even tho it takes longer just as good.

I have been looking into these but wanted to hold out until I have more, regular interior cleans. How do they cope with really dirty windows that's my only fear as I do a lot of inside hair salons and the windows are covered in the chemicals they use, how do you find them?

Stingrays and the other unger indoor kits are - as far as my experiences go - not an alternative to proper trad cleaning. You can use them on some jobs in about three out of four cleans if the windows aren't dirty, only dusty. And they are great if there's a window you are unable to reach any other way, but only if no one can get close to it and look, as it will most likely smear.

I thought they would be awesome, but are quite disappointed at the results.

Do get at whole bunch of pads as they will last only for a window or two.

Where they do shine though, is if you do indoor pole work and need to buff out a streak or something.

There great if you are doing regular on the same windows. Trad first time and then use an indoor kit to maintain. I use the unger indoor pads not the stingray in an estate agents I do. It cuts the time down and is great for getting behind the window displays. [emoji106]. Can be used by hand [emoji113] or on a pole, just spray bottle a bit of pure on window or pad. Great also on inside conny roofs.

A worthwhile piece of kit in the right context.

It won't replace trad or work well on really dirty glass, but is great for maintenance.

Vivian easyshine also similar to unger system.

Stingrays and the other unger indoor kits are - as far as my experiences go - not an alternative to proper trad cleaning. You can use them on some jobs in about three out of four cleans if the windows aren't dirty, only dusty. And they are great if there's a window you are unable to reach any other way, but only if no one can get close to it and look, as it will most likely smear.
I thought they would be awesome, but are quite disappointed at the results.

Do get at whole bunch of pads as they will last only for a window or two.

Where they do shine though, is if you do indoor pole work and need to buff out a streak or something.
I agree, with all the grease and drinks flicked on the windows it sometimes needs trad to make sure. But it does maintain it very well and it does save loads of time

Back