Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best fan jets??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clisty1989

Been using Gardiners standard fan jets, but after 2 days use one has snapped. Can anyone recommend a good alternative? Really liked them over pencil jets and need them asap as I can't get my pencil jets out of my old brush, so I'm currently working with 1 fan and the broken one is acting like a pencil jet

Just out of interest you say two days of use and one has broken? Was it your fault I.e you have some how broken it knocked it or its just snapped because of manufacturing fault or similar? Reason I have asked as I was going to order some.

I like Gardiner's red ones, and due to what I'd read on here about them breaking easily, I bought spares to keep in my kit. However, I've not needed them yet.

Clisty, if you have any old screwdrivers about with a shaft size similar to the brass jets, cut the blade off one. This will leave you with a tool you can push them out with. You may need to tap them out with it, using a small hammer. The red plastic ones can usually be pulled out with a pair of pliers from the front after giving them a push from the back.

Just out of interest you say two days of use and one has broken? Was it your fault I.e you have some how broken it knocked it or its just snapped because of manufacturing fault or similar? Reason I have asked as I was going to order some.
Not 100% sure, don't think I knocked it but I could be wrong.

Why aren't you drilling them out it's a 1 minute job? Mine last me at least a year at least I have had one break due to the pole falling to the ground.

Never thought they needed drilled out , thought it was just a case if tapping them out like pencil jets

Back