Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Roof cleaning pics (cherry picker used)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

That's what a forum is all about no?! /emoticons/smile.png Just curious about the cherry picker, I used to do a lot of roof cleaning and access was my biggest issue. I only used the pressure washer once on a garage roof though......
Garage roof?

Yes the forum is for questions, but you seemed a bit annoyed, perhaps it's the way you word things, it's like your frustrated...

I had one of them really heavy and when you turn pressure up it takes off also doesn't really clean where the tiles overlap
Yeah that's what I thought would happen,

Can't beat a cherry picker and a turbo nozzl!

I do a few roof 'cleans' a month although I only offer a moss removal service using a scraper and a brush. I erect a scaffold tower and then work from a roof ladder. After harnessing myself on I then rake every joint and brush all the moss down to the gutters which I then vacuum out from a ladder. I offer no guarantee on the moss returning as it will inevitably do so. Its tiring work but if you are comfortable on a roof it can be fairly lucrative (at least for where I live) and has kept me going through slack periods.

i agree with the cherry picker because thats a steep pitch and as for powerwashing that off a cat ladder it would be a nightmare. i have done a good few roofs but find a softwash approach is safer at 1500 psi and not a turbo nozzle as you could crack or break a tile fairly easy . i also agree that the tiles can look raw when cleaned so would look more finished with a tile paint or sealer . the man from scotland was donnie who use to come on here and had great experience on the complete roof clean so it would be worth searching on the old powerwashing threads for his method

Back