Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How long have you been a window cleaner

WCF

Help Support WCF:

How long have you been a window cleaner

• 0 months -1 year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-3 years

• 3 years

• 5 years

• 10 years

• 20 years

• Total voters
this is my 9th year, 8th for myself and been using a backpack for 5yrs, so you've got to wonder why i'm sat at home cos i forgot to charge either of my backpacks up last ***ht, lol another homer moment --- i my go trad for a day !!!!!!!!!!!

So who ticked the 20 years option then?, think that would come under nearlyclean's 'too long'!

Ahh, i think i know who, he put a post, with pic (van) on another recent thread and there was mention of being established in 1973.

I often feel i'm old compared to some of you young whippersnappers, but in 1973 i was 1 year old, ha ha!.

hi ya;) hi ya i started shining in 1985, when there was a slump in the building trade, carrying a mop and sqeege, up a ladder is easier than 12 bricks in a hod:D i never looked back...........pete

"hod"!, ahh, the old days. I think the last time i heard that word was listening to my 'night out with the dubliners' cd ('finniegans wake', if you are curious!) about 6 months ago!. Dont think they use hod's anymore, do they?, health and safety etc, etc!.

Hod, I've only ever heard that on a old Irish song called murphy and the bricks if you never heard it you have to get it on YouTube it's brilliant

Are you a Irish music fan like me BB I love it first thing in the morning to wake me up and p*#s the wife off :huh:

I started in 1986 and have done it ever since. I worked as a postman along with it for 6 years but that was hell - 4.30am start at P.O and on to windows at lunch till around 4pm. It got me a house etc but lost me a wife... On reflection, a good trade! I also qualified as a plumber along the way but after a while (2 months) doing it I yearned for the uncomplicated life of the window cleaner again.

I changed to wfp just a couple of months ago and now do over half the round this method. The plan is to have everyone changed over before the end of the year.

This thread gets me thinking that an 'who am I' section in the forum would be a good idea. Something a little more detailed than the 'introduction' section. We could tell a little about ourselves, upbringing, jobs done before windows, goals and/or outlook on life, family....anything really. Perhaps put a pic to the name etc. Just a thought.

Are you a Irish music fan like me BB I love it first thing in the morning to wake me up and p*#s the wife off :huh:
Not specifically Irish mate, just a music lover in general. My pal got hold of this Dubliners cd years ago (a ***ht out with the dubliners) and let me hear it, i thought it was brilliant so he burned off a copy for me. For a while, my youngest son, who at the time would have been 4, could sing the words to 'seven drunken ***hts' (though it was the censored version on this cd, which only went to friday!), and also the words to 'weile weile waila', which, if you dont know it, is a pretty grim song about an old woman killing a baby and getting hung for her crime!.

Started May 1996. Bit of a break May '06- Dec '08. Started WFP July '11.

Keep trying to think of something else. Nothing compares to job satisfaction/flexibility/money/fresh air/etc etc

1 day, first day today as my own boss /emoticons/smile.png

4 houses and £88 takings /emoticons/smile.png

Back