Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Why Switch Between Jets?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

timbeam

Lots of advice at the minute about how to quickly change between jets but why?

I know fan jets are better for hydrophobic glass so why not just use them for all glass types?

Am I missing something?

Cheers!

Personal choice I guess on how you want your brushes setup. Simples…

I find fan jets good on some jobs but not so good on others like for instance conservatory roofs and guttering, fascia, soffit and cladding cleaning when you want a much higher flow rate using tap water or pure.

Fan jets aren't better than pencil for any job in my experience, they just use more water to achieve the same job.

Thanks guys for your input.

I think I'll give fans a go because in some situations I'm struggling to rinse properly and I'm getting spotting.

I've found the opposite to be honest as using fan jets can save pure water & most importantly time rinsing hydrophobic glass as you can rinse a lot less than using pencil jets.

If anyone is interested here is a good explanation of how fan jets work in this vid.

Good video that. I've seen it before but it explains things well.

I also like the way the fans work on the hydrophillic glass too, sheets lovely!

I use fan jets think they're great!

Only pole i have pencils on is my 50ft, as i find them a little more accurate at that height

Thanks guys for your input. I think I'll give fans a go because in some situations I'm struggling to rinse properly and I'm getting spotting.
Its technique then, I never use fans and never get spotting.

What happens when you get a hydrophobic lane with a hydrophilic patch?

Yeah, but surely the more time you can save per window the more you earn. Therefore, fans for hydrophobic glass must be better and I can't think of any down sides to using them for hydrophillic glass either.

Yeah, but surely the more time you can save per window the more you earn. Therefore, fans for hydrophobic glass must be better and I can't think of any down sides to using them for hydrophillic glass either.
Accuracy?

Back