Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Had A Close Call With Frozen System Last Week

WCF

Help Support WCF:

keir

last thursday got to work, got all set up then realised the hose from pump to di was solid, my 1st thought was "my pump!!!!!! Noooooooooooooo" i didn't even try to start it thinking it could knacker the seals.

anyway luckily i had filled my 25ltr can up with hot water just incase i couldn't use the pole and had to do trad, so i know you're not meant to but very slowly poured hot water on the pump and hose till it was all gone, the pump casing was nice and hot, and then tried the pump.......no worries all systems go.

but since then if the night time temps even look suspiciously below 0, i use my spare leisure battery and connect an old motorbike indicator bulb (23w) place the bulb next to the pump and cover the pump/controller/di vessel with 2 big felt blankets to keep any heat off the bulb in that area

i stick a thermometer in to keep tabs on what it goes down/up to, and so far it raises the temp around all the parts by 5 degrees, its also a reallly good way to discharge my spare battery before charging and swapping for the other.....

We used todo similar on older engines. Wrap the engine with a blanket then a 60w bulb /emoticons/biggrin.png

Mainly to stop the core plugs popping hehe

friggin 'ell that must of been a while ago lol was that before anti freeze :lol:

what mk? one of my favorite cars was a mk 5 or 6 it were a p reg 1.8 si it was pretty fast, about as quick as my ol' 309gti

i reckon for handling my puma was king though, it was stunning

Back