Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dodgy tulsionmb115???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tony I've replicated your set on demand and pressure is an impact as your pump is 100 psi so in your vessel you are creating that pressure. Here is a hand shake with you, as soon as your ppm goes up I will meet you with a distribution system and I'm 99% sure your ppm will drop. If it does for a whole month you have to be with your misses every Sunday where ever she goes , how about it /emoticons/wink.png
I use a varistream controller with the pressure value set to below half of what the pump is capable of so there is never 100psi within my system, probably less than half that. Apart from that, this system has always been the same, nothing has changed apart from adding Two new DI vessels to eliminate those- which it didn't. So why would pressure be of any significance now than at any other time in the past?

Tony if your di heads have the "o" rings in them then under pressure untreated is mixing with treated, don't ask me how as baffled why even with a tight fit. Your pumps are 100 psi and even at half would output 60 psi or so and pressure is created in the vessel.

I need to discuss this with the manufacturer but will do a small video showing this.

The same resin you use is used in other industries with no problem, however they have high spec distribution systems nothing like what is used in the wfp industry.

Hence why I think this may be the problem.

Hi Doug

I understand what you are saying but if this was the case then why the sudden drop in longevity of the resin? The vessels have always been pressurised, they are designed to be pressurised, the vessels haven't changed but the longevity of the resin has. If this was an isolated case then I would agree that it would most probably be a system issue but many have also noticed the same.

I know there has been loads of problems but not from our source, two different streams. There has been the odd problems and I have managed to find the route cause which was not the resin.

Your first di head can you remember what type it was, did you ever take the riser tube and have a look inside.

I know there has been loads of problems but not from our source, two different streams. There has been the odd problems and I have managed to find the route cause which was not the resin.
Your first di head can you remember what type it was, did you ever take the riser tube and have a look inside.
My first Two DI's were from Cleantech and pretty much the same as these Two new ones I bought. All had/have top and bottom strainers and all O ring seals are in good order giving a nice tight fit. I first noticed a reduction in resin life approx 18-24 months ago and this seems to have got progressively worse. I have fitted a new tank, new pipes, new hose, new DI vessels all within this time so my system is clear from possible contamination within. Nothing has made any difference to the progressive reduction in resin life. I have accounted for using more water and also at times a +/- 10 to 20 ppm differential in source water. The other noticeable difference is the speed at which the resin goes up in ppm once it nears it's end. Tulsion used to hold a low PPM for some time but now tends to go off like a rocket much like other brands.

The trail I did was not with fresh resin but had a fair bit of use to it. We use ppm in our industry whereas in other industries it is EC. Spec of the resin has to take it below ec so would measure around -0.52ppm as negative reading. When untreated mixes with treated it has no effect until the resin rises to around -0.90ppm but still below 000 ppm. Untreated then mixes with treated as a result you will now get a reading of 001 + but I was getting a reading of 005 ppm. Riser tube was very tight in di head. At 20 psi reading was 000 ppm then increasing pressure ppm rises. The vessel can cope with it as can cope with 100 psi +, but my theory, may be wrong but when under pressure the "o" ring contracts thus letting through a small amount of untreated. The head I used had no "o" ring and water came out at 000 ppm. This is my theory but I need to speak the manufacturer of the di heads to see if I am correct.

Hope this make sense but you need to see it to believe it.

So in effect a lot of good resin is being thrown away.

Back