Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trad belt

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mine has changed since that thread and will change again next week to accommodate 4 different size liquidators and other bits

I will post mine when the stuff arrives

Says who lol

I use the right size channel for the glass i am cleaning and on some jobs that could be 4 different sizes

It is the way i work and i work quick

Why spend ages fanning a patio door with a 10" when you can do it in 2 seconds with a 22" and why use a 12" on a top opener where it only just fits in when you can use a 6" and not need to detail anything

Each to their own bud

With my old modded channels when i was 100% trad i had 5 different squeegees on me while working

In the fourteen years I was trad, I never got on with the belt buckets. Found them cumbersome and unnecessary. I had a hammer hoop on my belt that held my squeegee, then I would soak my applicator in the bucket, whizz up the ladder, soap up the glass and rest it on the sill, or if no sill, balance it on top of the A frame.

Because of the weight of the applicator and the water in the belt bucket, this made the belt much lighter. Each to their own etc etc

I am ordering a few bits and bobs right now

When they turn up i will have 2x10" liquidator

A 14", 18", 22" liquidator all with the moerman adjustable handle

A 5.5" ish made from a prototype liquidator

And several sizes of hand modded ss channels cut to specific sizes for specific jobs

Some says that's mental but i do like the right tool for the right job

Oh and hopefully a 14" combinator to play with

I've been using them since before they were released for sale mate courtesy of moerman and mr Bob Hatt and never had any issues with them and never lost a clip yet

My little 5.5" squeegee is made from a prototype liquidator with different end clips from before they were perfected

I think they are a great bit of kit and i tradded most of my work today without detailing anything

Plus a liquidator channel in a wagtail is an awesome pole tool

Looks good

I've just ordered the padded unger one as I've been using a normal belt for a while

Back