Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Buying A Expert Van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

garry

hi all buyin a expert tomoz but the seller just spent 400 on it with new injectors and timing pump. should i be worried about that or pleased its fixed? he seems to be being far too nice to me..... any1 with an expert advise on this??? 1900 im payin 04 plate, 126 k on clock, 10 month mot

But much I'd say? I seen an expert 90k 05 nice blue colour full psv for £1795.. I was considering the new shape ones.. But think it will be a transit for me

You hardly see em on the road tbh. Wasn't a popular van due to fuel problems and burning out heads lol

What engine is it? Im a professional mechanic, still in the trade for next couple of months. Ive just bought a 2003 Scudo (same van different badge) with a DW8 1.9d engine (should be same lump). Cam belt had come to bits on it so I totally rebuilt the engine and it runs like a dream. If its the same engine then they are reasonably solid IF MAINTAINED, but if it isnt looked after then there are a vartiety of issues they can sufer with, like any engine. The nice thing about them is that the bodywork is pretty bullet proof, they dont tend to rust. They do also tend to suffer with head gasket failures, which isnt the easiest job to do due to the waty the engine is mounted in the van, so could get costly but again, this is something you can get on any vehicle.

All I can say is so far Im very pleased with mine, but then it was only worth it for me because I payed nothing for labour on rebuild.

Pump failures is a problem with all diesel engines around that age, DW8 included, so if it has just been replaced personally I would count that as a bonus, because chances are sooner or later it will need replacing anyway. But as adyspurs says, go with your gut, I spend all day fixing 'reliable' cars because theyve fallen to bits (VW T4 being main cuplrit at the moment) due to poor maintenance so you do really just need to play it by ear.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

Oh and P.S. the heater blower control fails for a pastime, not critical but annoying! Needs a switch wiring in as replacing the unit with another seems to be a very temporary fix!

i never bought it anyway gunna look again tonight. what is the best van to buy for a 1 man team? choices are expert, berlingo, or combo van, however berlingo and combo seem a little too small imo? plan is a 350 or 400 tank inside. heard berlingos struggle uphill with a full load hence im favouring the expert. dont want anything bigger than an expert

I drive 54 combo. Had it 2 years and its never faild me. Good to drive 1.7d great mpg. I carry 300 litres no problem . mine has side slider door witch is good as if it didnt would get sick of reaching in the back.

I was having exact same dilemna, the scudo/expert/dispatch is just that bit more roomy than Kangoo, Berlingo, combo. Im also looking to put a 400 litre tank in mine. Have checked measurements and will take 400 litre upright leaving heaps of space, even a 500 litre flat tank I was looking at will go in with about 80cm behind it to the back doors and space on top. Length is ample for a 6ft pole to hang from the roof if the end of pole enters the cabin a bit (cabin is tall enough that a passengers head will not be interfered with!) A friend of mine window cleans in a kangoo van and that looks a little cramped to me.

The combo 1.7d as mentioned above is a pretty solid van imo, bit smaller but ifya can fit in what you need then who cares.

If I had the extra cash, I probably would have gone for a transit connect, seem a great little van, really reliable, but theyre that bit more expensive to buy.

i never bought it anyway gunna look again tonight. what is the best van to buy for a 1 man team? choices are expert, berlingo, or combo van, however berlingo and combo seem a little too small imo? plan is a 350 or 400 tank inside. heard berlingos struggle uphill with a full load hence im favouring the expert. dont want anything bigger than an expert
I was in the same boat as you a few months ago couldn't decide what to get but in the end I bought a expert never had a days trouble with it and plenty of room for work stuff

ive got a 2008 berlingo 1.6 diesel I can put in 175 liters of water a 60l gutter vac with hose and poles a 5kva generator a peterol jetwash 2 water fed poles a 30m hose and reel a wfp trolley 2 buckets all my trad gear and a bucket of grit in mine and it still pulls ok and 2 sets of ladders on the top

ive got a 2008 berlingo 1.6 diesel I can put in 175 liters of water a 60l gutter vac with hose and poles a 5kva generator a peterol jetwash 2 water fed poles a 30m hose and reel a wfp trolley 2 buckets all my trad gear and a bucket of grit in mine and it still pulls ok and 2 sets of ladders on the top
What are they like on juice jimbob?

I rate the combos,mines a 1.7 55 plate,does well for me with 350 tank and big carpet machine but need bigger tank coz got more commercial.

What are vivaros like on reliability and fuel.

I rate the combos,mines a 1.7 55 plate,does well for me with 350 tank and big carpet machine but need bigger tank coz got more commercial.What are vivaros like on reliability and fuel.
I love mine combo. We are looking at getting two vivaro's and converting this combo to a trad van.

Ive seen a astra van with 400l tank in back but u couldnt get much else in.

I wouldnt want 400l in the back of my 2004 combo.

Think with a smaller van i have to think of u have a crash what would happen to all that dead weight.

Its scary to think about...

In my opinion 300l max in smaller vans

Ive seen a astra van with 400l tank in back but u couldnt get much else in. I wouldnt want 400l in the back of my 2004 combo.

Think with a smaller van i have to think of u have a crash what would

happen to all that dead weight.

Its scary to think about.

In my opinion 300l max in smaller vans
Checked mine would out,professional fitted and perfectly safe in crash.always check out max payload

Checked mine would out,professional fitted and perfectly safe in crash.always check out max payload
Exactly. I have an all steel bulkhead reinforced with four struts. Tanks is caged and bolted in. Bigger van doesn't mean it's safer.

ive just viewed a combo van n measured tanks etc n 350 tanks would fit in but it would be too tight imo, deffo too much of a sqeeze so ive opted for a citroen dispatch instead. regarding the query on vivaros we have 2 of these already but they swallow fuel n would advise to get one a bit smaller such as despatch/expert size.

also ive had starter motor, battery and ignition problems with vivaros too, but maybe all work vans what get hammer get the same problems

Back