Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose connectors

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clearview Lee

I only have a small Astra van, and pull my hose reel out each time, and have to disconnect the hose each time, so I get thru a few connectors throughout the year.

I use the Hozelock Aqua-Stop connectors, is this stantard practice among window cleaners, or do the ones with the stop valve restrict flow??

Just curious to know others feedback with the Aqua-Stop connectors.

Cheers!

Yeah they are cheaper in screwfix and b&q, I've got plastic on my Di vessels and brass for hoses

Last edited by a moderator:
Used plastic Hozelock type fitting for over ten years without issue. Tried the brass ones but didn't like them. My preference is B&Q's own budget ones (blue) for a quid each- I find them better than genuine Hozelock fittings. You carry on with them buddy, don't get talked into any fancy rectus fittings etc./emoticons/wink.png;)

I only have a small Astra van, and pull my hose reel out each time, and have to disconnect the hose each time, so I get thru a few connectors throughout the year.
Cheers!
Why do you need to disconnect the hose connecting to the reel each time you use it?

Can you not have a longer hose and leave connected to the reel.....

or....

leave the reel fixed in the van.

Anyway, nothing wrong with Hozelock or similar style connectors, just buy a bag of these :thumbsup:...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290491967349?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm in the middle of changing from hozelock connectors to john guest fittings. Personally I just had enough of leaking connectors, I know many of you use the £1 b&q connector with no problems, well not me... I also don't like how stiff a 1/2 garden hose can get, I would like something more flexible, like a silicone pipe.

With speedfit I can put a stop cap on the end of the pipe if I have to disconnect it, no dripping for hours. Also it's so easy to add anything later etc.

How can you put speedfit or john guest fittings on the feed of a hose reel as it spins around?

Back