Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Chinese Poles?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Poles Apart

I have got 2 big jobs coming up full renovations Conservatory roofs on both and full Fascia and guttering all round I need something lighter than a SLX 22 was looking at an extreme but finger refuses to press pay button at £530, anyone know of any Chinese equivalents I'm only going to use it for PVC work?

I've been in touch with a Chinees company that claim to supply a top wfp brand in U.K. They look good but I've not handled any so cannot comment on quality but due to shipment would only sell if I purchased in bulk and for me there lays the risk if it was a gamble on one fair enough but don't want to be stuck with a number of duds if they are shoddy

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've been in touch with a Chinees company that claim to supply a top wfp brand in U.K. They look good but I've not handled any so cannot comment on quality but due to shipment would only sell if I purchased in bulk and for me there lays the risk if it was a gamble on one fair enough but don't want to be stuck with a number of duds if they are shoddy

On the Facebook pages it's known who makes Gardiner poles

But.

The clamps are. Different

The pole I got. Was cheap. But by time I added brush and top attachment and pole a 22 was like 40 quid cheaper. Quietly is rubbish

This is one of the messages I received from the company. They are reluctant to say the name of the company, I'd love to know.

"Good morning!

Have you received the quotation?

May I have your comments pls? Kindly note we are the supplier for the top brand of carbon fiber water fed pole.

Our poles and clamps are obtained very good fame in UK.

Any qutstions pls feel free to let us know."

On the Facebook pages it's known who makes Gardiner poles
But.

The clamps are. Different

The pole I got. Was cheap. But by time I added brush and top attachment and pole a 22 was like 40 quid cheaper. Quietly is rubbish
That made me smile. No-one on FB knows the factory that makes our poles. It is a private factory who do not make tube sets for any other client. They do not advertise or supply any different designs of clamps. Our clamps are made in the U.K and fitted to the tube sections once manufactured.

In order to tout for business many Chinese factories will use photographs of other factories products or brands.

That made me smile. No-one on FB knows the factory that makes our poles. It is a private factory who do not make tube sets for any other client. They do not advertise or supply any different designs of clamps. Our clamps are made in the U.K and fitted to the tube sections once manufactured.
In order to tout for business many Chinese factories will use photographs of other factories products or brands.

There u are then

I did say ur clamps are different and with a slx and a clx. I know there the best out there

A slx 22 is not exactly heavy. I have 3 Gardiner poles clx 10ft slx22 and a slx35. Iv also got a 50ft carbon China pole. I paid £400 new from a fella in Dartford that imported a few different sizes to see how they sold which wasn't to well. It's a bit whippy at full stretch but I've never used any other 50ft poles so I can't compare. The clamps obviously are not as good as the gardener clamps but I bought a full spare set of clamps for a £10 iv had it a couple of years nearly and still all ok. It more than paid for itself on the first time out on the contract I got it for and like a golden goose it just keeps on giving.

Generally speaking the Chinese carbon poles will be as good as the ones you buy over here because the ones from over here will be from China! They have what are called open moulds where a lot of company's will use the same moulds to save on costs. I have bought a lot of carbon stuff, mainly bike frames, wheels and components and the quality is usually pretty good.

Might go have a look for one myself

It occurred to me that I never new now heavy the 50ft pole was. Iv just weighed it pole and gardener Q.loc no brush 7lb dead.

It occurred to me that I never new now heavy the 50ft pole was. Iv just weighed it pole and gardener Q.loc no brush 7lb dead.

A slx 22 is not exactly heavy. I have 3 Gardiner poles clx 10ft slx22 and a slx35. Iv also got a 50ft carbon China pole. I paid £400 new from a fella in Dartford that imported a few different sizes to see how they sold which wasn't to well. It's a bit whippy at full stretch but I've never used any other 50ft poles so I can't compare. The clamps obviously are not as good as the gardener clamps but I bought a full spare set of clamps for a £10 iv had it a couple of years nearly and still all ok. It more than paid for itself on the first time out on the contract I got it for and like a golden goose it just keeps on giving.
Doing Fascias over a Conny with a SLX22 and a Sill Brush is no walk in the Park. I Did a new clean with bedroom windows over a Conny today and it didn't do my shoulders much good.

If finding a slx22 heavy could always go for option 2 by a 22ft ally pole for peanuts and spend the money saved on horse steroids from India.

That's the same as carbon fishing rods I no for a fact 20 years ago they were knocking them out and different companies were sticking there own labels on.

Generally speaking the Chinese carbon poles will be as good as the ones you buy over here because the ones from over here will be from China! They have what are called open moulds where a lot of company's will use the same moulds to save on costs. I have bought a lot of carbon stuff, mainly bike frames, wheels and components and the quality is usually pretty good.
Might go have a look for one myself

Trust me save the money

I thought I'd make a few quid if they were good. And there not. I know for a fact. More goes in to making the poles than u think and Gardiner seem to have it down to a tee. But @Alex Gardiner I have a idea for a add on to a brush head. That is excellent. For a problem all window cleaners have Pm me lol

I have got 2 big jobs coming up full renovations Conservatory roofs on both and full Fascia and guttering all round I need something lighter than a SLX 22 was looking at an extreme but finger refuses to press pay button at £530, anyone know of any Chinese equivalents I'm only going to use it for PVC work?
Not sure there much lighter I think there just more rigid as full carbon?! I might be wrong

Only chinese ones I can find are minimum orders of at least 10 unit's.

I want an extreme myself but 500 quid is a lot of money and by all accounts they don't last that long.

Back