Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Speeding

mark m

I got done for speeding in March ( 36mph ) . Today i went to a police awareness programe which means you have to sit in a room for 3 hours with other people talking about safe driving and you get 3 points deducted from your license. They show you some bad video`s but it really makes you think.

These courses are really good. They should show some of the footage to all new drivers after they pass their test.

These courses are really good. They should show some of the footage to all new drivers after they pass their test.
Absolutely, the cars that young lads (&girls) drive now are as fast as racing cars were when I was their age and kids can't handle that kind of power, most mature drivers can't come to think of it and more awareness is never a bad thing. My licence is almost clean now or might even be now lol, 37 in a 30 limit lol darn cameras.

I got cought doing 37 in a 30, had to go on a speed awareness course for £90 for 4 hours, no points on licence thou!

This was a few months back.

Why make cars go so fast? Speed limit 70? Why make cars do 200mph?

That was good getting points took off pal! Tho 6mph too fast is silly lol!

But think that extra 6mph it's the difference between life and death if you hit somebody, we all do it from time to time but where do the police draw the line, I'm all for people getting points or that course mark done for being a few mph over the limit, my friend got hit at 37mph they said he would of had a better chance of survival at 30mph I look at it that 7mph killed him.

I was Diver safety nco for my regiment in the army, and trying to tell 17 year old lads about speeding and accidents is like talking to a wall sometimes, trying to explain why speed limits are there for a reason, hard work. Had a few on disciplinary actions for speeding in the army vehicles, so I've always been quite aware of speeding it doesn't look good the driver safety nco getting done for speeding or killing somebody, also the course I done really made me think I was a serious person at one point in my life lol

Ya know what would slow most people down, having kids. I admit to speeding when I was young but as I said cars are much much faster now and I know my kid has good road sense but still can't bring myself to let him go anywhere on his own as it's not him I don't trust. Thats what I think of mostly when I'm driving, I couldn't have the death of anyone especially a child on my conscience.

It's not fair some people get let off and others get punished. I even seen on police camera action people getting a by ball, they shouldn't be allowed to just choose like that

Back