Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Heavy duty degreaser vs ubik

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Spudly

Hello.

I'm currently using screw fix heavy duty degreaser however everybody raves on about ubik.

Which is better or is it exactly the same?

Where on earth can you buy ubik in a shop as I have not seen it and don't want to order online.

For those who have used the degreaser what mix with water do you use? I'm pretty new and don't want to damage any pvc.

And do you all use a pressure sprayer? Especially on the facias and gutters when cleaning?.

Regards.

Only ever used ubik 2000 and am very happy with the results, I know others here have similar views on screw fix degreaser, I think in many cases it comes down to cost and how easy it is to get the product. I like Ubik had no trouble with damage or anything like that, just speeds the job up. And I like the blue colour!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've use ubik, virosol and heavy duty degreaser, I've found the heavy duty degreaser seems to work better, however ubik is very good as well.

have used both and both are very good its handy to be able to pop to screwfix if I ever run out but normally order 10 ubik at a time so price is about the same always use a handheld pressure sprayer with vitron seals for chems and a glug of fairy to help it stick..

Screwfix stuff is a lot quicker at removing all the muck however i think ubik is a little better at removing ingrained tiger stripes

I use a backpack and pole with a fan jet on the tip to apply exactly where i want it

Screwfix stuff is a lot quicker at removing all the muck however i think ubik is a little better at removing ingrained tiger stripesI use a backpack and pole with a fan jet on the tip to apply exactly where i want it
Would like to see a pic of your set up daveyboy. Any special deals needed or is that only for hypo

iv just started using ubik, the last month or so & like you not knowing anything about chems i read a lot of posts about it and watched some vids on youtube. i had a very bad first clean not been cleaned in a few years but the d/g and upvc where in good shape, the customer wasn't in:D so cleaned a bit of the coney with it as an experiment at 1 ubik to 10 water (pure) in a garden sprayer. safe to say after seeing the results the whole job got a ubiking:rolleyes:. the tips i got from the forum where don't let it dry on & a good rinse...also the wife WAS in but payed no attention or asked any questions :whistle:

Just a normal gardiners backpack (other makes are available lol)

You can use your normal window cleaning pole to spray chems on if you use fan jets in your brush

I've used ubik, virosol and screwfix degreaser. In my opinion, there is absolutely no need to spend more money on ubik or virosol when the screwfix degreaser does just as good (or better) a job. If you're buying ubik/virosol in bulk then obviously the cost is on par with the screwfix degreaser anyway. It's handy just being able to pop to screwfix to pick some up too.

I've used ubik, virosol and screwfix degreaser. In my opinion, there is absolutely no need to spend more money on ubik or virosol when the screwfix degreaser does just as good (or better) a job. If you're buying ubik/virosol in bulk then obviously the cost is on par with the screwfix degreaser anyway. It's handy just being able to pop to screwfix to pick some up too.

i can buy ubik near me there is a cleaning supply warehouse, cost a fortune if i had to buy online... i think it was £8;)

Back