Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

do you get complaints when work in the rain?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Amazin

Its going to be raining for the next 4 days at least. On and off but pretty much non stop until later in the afternoon. I seriously can't afford to stay at home considering I'm already bit behind with work.

any tips working in the rain would be great.

I'm thinking using scourer pads to put underneath my ladder to stop it from slipping

Its going to be raining for the next 4 days at least. On and off but pretty much non stop until later in the afternoon. I seriously can't afford to stay at home considering I'm already bit behind with work.
any tips working in the rain would be great.

I'm thinking using scourer pads to put underneath my ladder to stop it from slipping
When I switched to wfp I told all my customers that using the new system will be fine in any conditions, so no problems.

I think its ok if its light rain when doing trad, but wouldn't do it in normal or heavy rain I.m.o

When I switched to wfp I told all my customers that using the new system will be fine in any conditions, so no problems.I think its ok if its light rain when doing trad, but wouldn't do it in normal or heavy rain I.m.o
I'm doing the same as I go. Makes sense.

She gets about the woman lol. She's from fiverr.

Anyways I got too complaints about working in the rain yesterday. Not from the workmanship. Just they thought it was pointless. Quick education and all is fine.

As you're trad I would just take extra cloths and just be smiley. I would invest in a good rubber mat maybe? I ain't trad so I don't know on working in the rain as I never did that really.

@daveyboy may give you some pointers. Be handy if you can zero detail as well.

I am still carrying on as I live in Wales I just tell people in jest if I stopped when it rained I'd never get anything done! I'm trad aswell the rain does Slow me down moving ladder in rain soaked through! But however slow allways faster than staying in watching Jeremy Kyle

Mus admit I do feel a bit of a coont cleaning windows in the rain. Yes do get the odd one moan but not that many to be fair. I try to avoI'd the issue where possible by trying to do those that I know will be out when it rains but you can only do that to a certain extent

I too feel a coont cleaning in the rain. So much so that I don't do it. Don't need the money so much that I have to upset me customers to get it. And I ain't getting wet. Rather stay at home or even sit in me van and wait for it to stop.

i got rid of any who complained it was raining/looked like rain/not in winter. i found it was best to be honestly hostile, that is to turn slowly round and youre cross eyed ,snarl "dyou want these fuuckers cleaning? or not? and as they start to reply "but i ..." talk over them , "dont you dare, dont you dare "

youre well rid of any moaner,they never change

If I'm sat in my van with the engine running and I can hear rain bouncing off the roof then it's too wet for me. I don't mind the odd shower or a bit of drizzle but I try and dodge the rain as much as I can. It's rained on and off all day here today and I've still managed to do a full day's work.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

We didn't have any rain ere. I left home at 4.30. Back at 12.30. Commercials all day:)
Well we bloody did here. Been sat in 30 degrees for the last 5 days in Portugal, then first day back at work and I'm working in the rain /emoticons/sad.png. Still managed a full day though, but knackered after sitting doing nothing for days. Thought having a break was supposed to be good for you!! More rain tomorrow, yippee /emoticons/smile.png

Shouldn't rain where I am til the afternoon tomo. I will be done by 12 hopefully. 3 day weeks Steve /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png

I sometimes get comments but not complaints. Just reassure (as has been mentioned already), have a laugh about it 'Good old English weather blah blah blah' and crack on.

I sometimes get comments but not complaints. Just reassure (as has been mentioned already), have a laugh about it 'Good old English weather blah blah blah' and crack on.
This is often the case in these situations. So long as you act all positive and upbeat they'll usually go along with it. Act all guilty and broody and they be on you.

Shouldn't rain where I am til the afternoon tomo. I will be done by 12 hopefully. 3 day weeks Steve /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png
As I've said on here before markyboy, I will go 3 days a week eventually but enjoy an expensive social life and like my holidays abroad at the moment. This gives me a good incentive to work 5 days :thumbsup:

As I've said on here before markyboy, I will go 3 days a week eventually but enjoy an expensive social life and like my holidays abroad at the moment. This gives me a good incentive to work 5 days :thumbsup:
Climb aboard when you're ready mate. It's good ere. Finish at 12 tomo. Home for lunch. Shower. Slow drive to the little ladies to get fed and watered. Stay over. Slow drive home on Thursday then chill. Life's good

I couldn't miss out on my drinking weekends and holidays just yet, I honestly love my social life and will keep working until my attitude changes (if)

Back