Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tubeless pole 'conversion' done - video

WCF

Help Support WCF:

This isn't a gimmick. I have worked this way since November 2014. I use a rectus fitting reel side @Rob Knapman, and once connected pull the fitting inside the pole , where it stays all day so never snags. (keep the first extension out by 6 inches) I havnt used JG fitting because sooner or later they will fail after connecting/disconnecting a number of times.I have never had a problem with it, never,, at all,

Having a pole with no joint at reel (pics)
Hi @jimmyboots I've been thinking about doing this for a while now, I want to try it with my slx18 that's fitted with an Aqua-daptor, I was just wandering about the hose? The pole hose I use is the stuff I ordered when I purchased the Aqua-daptor, you know the fairly rigid stuff you need to use so as to limit the stretch when pulling it to activate the AD. I have 6mm microbore on my reel, my question is how does the microbore handle regarding working the AD when the pole is fully extended, as when I first purchased the AD I was advised not to use normal hose as its to stretchy? Thanks in advance Greener

Hi @jimmyboots I've been thinking about doing this for a while now, I want to try it with my slx18 that's fitted with an Aqua-daptor, I was just wandering about the hose? The pole hose I use is the stuff I ordered when I purchased the Aqua-daptor, you know the fairly rigid stuff you need to use so as to limit the stretch when pulling it to activate the AD. I have 6mm microbore on my reel, my question is how does the microbore handle regarding working the AD when the pole is fully extended, as when I first purchased the AD I was advised not to use normal hose as its to stretchy? Thanks in advance Greener
One if my poles has an aqua dapter and I cant stand there hose, so use standard all weather Gardiners yellow hose without any problems

@Greener I don't have any experience using Aqua-dapters.. I use the AquaTap, so don't do any hose tugging /emoticons/smile.png. What about getting 30 metres or so of that hose?
Hi @jimmyboots yea was thinking about doing that but the AD hose is very rigid and I don't think it would roll back on to the reel very well .

Back